Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Esp

Tato

I've read in some sources that starting from 2010, Ford will add the ESP as standard to all Fiesta cars. Is this information officially confirmed by Ford? Does anybody know if this standard option is again one which is different from market to market (country specific)?

I would really appreciate some info on this matter since I am a bit confused about this and there is no way I can contact Ford Europe or something...

Cheers!

Tato

In the UK, it's standard on all Fiesta's if you like it or not. Outside the uk, not sure. The ESP is at best hopeless anyway, i still get wheelspin if i pull away a bit too fast :huh: Might be down to the tyres?

In the UK, it's standard on all Fiesta's if you like it or not. Outside the uk, not sure. The ESP is at best hopeless anyway, i still get wheelspin if i pull away a bit too fast :huh: Might be down to the tyres?

Don't really know about the ESP on the Fiesta or other Ford models, but on my previous E46 it was quite useful in winter time.

I guess its not like BMW's system where the wheels will only spin for a second until the TC stops it. A press of the DTC button on theses cars makes the systems more like the Fiesta where the wheels will spin but in a controlled manor.

Ive found that the Traction Control on the Fiesta seems to allow for a bit of spin for the first few seconds but it's hardly a tyre shredding amount.I find flooring it from a standing start in first gear on a wet greasy road will allow spin for a few seconds but it won't let you redline it. If the wheels are still spinning at 3000 rpm it will cut the power further until the spinning stops.

The electronic brake lock diff brakes the spinning wheel to help address the one wheel peel problem of having an open diff, whilst the throttle reduction helps to reduce wheelspin to an optimal level.

On the Zetec S the electronic brake lock diff is still active even when T/C and ESP are switched off.

On snow the TC is very good once you moving and you happen hit a patch of slush at the side of the road or your climbing a hill with patchy snow.

Too many people blame the T/C in winter for getting stuck but my tyres (17 inch potenza) are the cause of the problems.

May invest in some winter tyres this year as I found my snow socks a fantastic temporary solution last winter.

The stability control is good imo. Saved me on the motorway when someone quickly swerved into my lane and also worked well in winter when I had a couple of slow speed slides(20mph) on ice and clear slush.

I guess its not like BMW's system where the wheels will only spin for a second until the TC stops it. A press of the DTC button on theses cars makes the systems more like the Fiesta where the wheels will spin but in a controlled manor.

Ive found that the Traction Control on the Fiesta seems to allow for a bit of spin for the first few seconds but it's hardly a tyre shredding amount.I find flooring it from a standing start in first gear on a wet greasy road will allow spin for a few seconds but it won't let you redline it. If the wheels are still spinning at 3000 rpm it will cut the power further until the spinning stops.

The electronic brake lock diff brakes the spinning wheel to help address the one wheel peel problem of having an open diff, whilst the throttle reduction helps to reduce wheelspin to an optimal level.

On the Zetec S the electronic brake lock diff is still active even when T/C and ESP are switched off.

On snow the TC is very good once you moving and you happen hit a patch of slush at the side of the road or your climbing a hill with patchy snow.

Too many people blame the T/C in winter for getting stuck but my tyres (17 inch potenza) are the cause of the problems.

May invest in some winter tyres this year as I found my snow socks a fantastic temporary solution last winter.

The stability control is good imo. Saved me on the motorway when someone quickly swerved into my lane and also worked well in winter when I had a couple of slow speed slides(20mph) on ice and clear slush.

Thanks for the information mate. Hopefully it won't stress me that much, and anyway I don't get so much winter where I will drive the car.

My local dealer told me that the TC and esp should be switched off in snow and ice. He said that he had been to a ford presentation about the system and that under these conditions it puts to much stress on the system and can cause damage. Its design is only intended for normal conditions, but its a good selling point plus an earner in repair costs. I should state that this is applicable to all makes and not just ford.

To backup what he said, my wife bought the new shape astra just before the winter snow and the car had to be returned to the Vauxhall dealer because the system just gave up and various lights lit up on the dash. Also lots of smoke and clutch/diff/brake burning smell. Was informed at the time that all the Astra's were being recalled to be 're-calibrated' because the system couldn't handle the extra stress.

Oh and the Ford dealer said they were told to keep it quiet, so just between us ok

My local dealer told me that the TC and esp should be switched off in snow and ice. He said that he had been to a ford presentation about the system and that under these conditions it puts to much stress on the system and can cause damage. Its design is only intended for normal conditions, but its a good selling point plus an earner in repair costs. I should state that this is applicable to all makes and not just ford.

To backup what he said, my wife bought the new shape astra just before the winter snow and the car had to be returned to the Vauxhall dealer because the system just gave up and various lights lit up on the dash. Also lots of smoke and clutch/diff/brake burning smell. Was informed at the time that all the Astra's were being recalled to be 're-calibrated' because the system couldn't handle the extra stress.

Oh and the Ford dealer said they were told to keep it quiet, so just between us ok

To bad that the ESP can't be switched off in the Titanium Fietas.

To bad that the ESP can't be switched off in the Titanium Fietas.

Just add the button, the wiring and connector is always there.

You even have choice to put 2 buttons, one for deactivating the passengers airbag, or like in my car to deactivate the parking sensors temporarely.

Is already described somewhere on the forum, including pictures and part numbers.

Just add the button, the wiring and connector is always there.

You even have choice to put 2 buttons, one for deactivating the passengers airbag, or like in my car to deactivate the parking sensors temporarely.

Is already described somewhere on the forum, including pictures and part numbers.

Is it possible to add the button? Wow...that's good news...

Any idea where and how I can find that particular topic?

Use the search button :P

Or click here ;)

Use the search button :P

Or click here ;)

Thanks iNath!

Any idea where I could get one ESP button?

This thread might help.

Disable Esp On 5Dr Zetec 1.6 Tdci

I will get round to following the advice people have been giving when I next get time.

This thread might help.

Disable Esp On 5Dr Zetec 1.6 Tdci

I will get round to following the advice people have been giving when I next get time.

If I'm correct you also wanted to get the button right?

Hi

I'm quite interested in fitting this switch to my 2011 MY Zetec but I'm a bit concerned about damaging the trim when levering off. What parts need to be removed and is there a particular knack to removing the trim?

Also, after reading about the 'three' different switch combinations and, if you opt for the 'multi' switch, does that mean there is 3 switches; one to turn off ESP, one to disable the airbag and a third to turn off the PDC?

With regard to the PDC, will this work with 'rear' sensors only?

Thanks

If I'm correct you also wanted to get the button right?

Yes. I think the button I want is the 1514081 one mentioned in the other ESP thread, but 1st I have to get the panels off. I lifted the plastic one from around the gear stick, that one pulls straight up. There are 6 clips in total. My next job will be to pull off the silver plastic from around the heater controls that holds the card holder/ESP switch (a job for this weekend). Once I see that my Zetec has the wiring & connector present I will be ordering the switch.

Then we will be sorted for a bit of wheel spin in the winter :D

I've taken all the silver trim off when I spray painted it - dead simple :)

As above - remove the plastic trim around the base of the gear stick but lifting up starting with the edge closest to you (under 2,4,R on gear knob)

Once this has been removed (just turn gaitor inside out and leave hanging on the gear know, no need to remove completely) the silver trim will just pop off :)

Yes. I think the button I want is the 1514081 one mentioned in the other ESP thread, but 1st I have to get the panels off. I lifted the plastic one from around the gear stick, that one pulls straight up. There are 6 clips in total. My next job will be to pull off the silver plastic from around the heater controls that holds the card holder/ESP switch (a job for this weekend). Once I see that my Zetec has the wiring & connector present I will be ordering the switch.

Then we will be sorted for a bit of wheel spin in the winter :D

Don't forget to share the end result, and even better the steps ;)

Does anyone know if there is a guide with pics, on how to do this?

Thanks x

There are a couple of links in this thread which will provide all the details and pictures you require :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club