Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi There, Fusebox Problem!

jwoodgate93

Hi there. I have a mk2 56 plate focus titanium, and the windscreen wipers stopped working yesterday. The day before however I changed the fuse for the power socket. I only managed to this after trowling through the internet finding which fuse it was, as the fusebox in my owners manual is completely different to the actual one in my car. I cannot find out which fuse is the one for the wipers though, the fusebox in my passenger footwell runs from 37 to 86 however the manual runs from about 100 and something onwards and the diagram is completely different too. Can anyone help me out as to which fuse im looking for as Id rather not fork out for a new motor if it is just the fuse? any help will be much appreciated. Thanks :)

Hi,

According to the H~#*s Manual for Ford Focus54-09Registration (2005-2009) The wiper fuse is ,F129 in the fuse board underthe glove box a 20Amp fuse mate think their red, and the rear wiper is F131also in the same fuse board and its a 15Amp also ensure the key is removed fromthe ignition prior to changing any fuses, hope this is helpful :D

Hi,

According to the H~#*s Manual for Ford Focus54-09Registration (2005-2009) The Wiper fuse is ,F129 in the fuse board underthe glove box a 20Amp fuse mate think their red, and the rear wiper is F131also in the same fuse board and its a 15Amp also ensure the key is removed fromthe ignition prior to changing any fuses, hope this is helpful :D

Thanks Lenny, but as i said the fusebox is completely different it goes from 37-86... veryyy confused :(

Thanks Lenny, but as i said the fusebox is completely different it goes from 37-86... veryyy confused :(

very confussing, the Amp's of the fuses should be the same for the wipers though, perhaps try taking out the fuses one by one returning them to the same slot and then taking the next one out one at a time, hold it up to the light and you should see a gap in the connection, a long nosed pliars would be ideal for getting a grip on the fuses unless you have a specific fuse pulling tool, only quick fix i can think of unless another titanium owner has experienced the same trouble,

Its really bugging me, think a trip to the garage is in order. not this side of payday though... lets hope it doesnt rain :unsure:

Try fuse Number 50 on the second row, it should be a 20amp fuse

Try fuse Number 50 on the second row, it should be a 20amp fuse

Thanks alz, no fuse in number 50, but popped one in and they now work. Cheers, much appreciated.

Can I just check!

You arent looking at the engine fuse box are you? are you definately looking at the one under the passenger dashboard in the footwell?!

Also, if you have that different a fuse board, it sounds like its been replaced, or maybe the cars an import???

Is there no diagrams on your fuse board? I remember I used to have a little felt cr@ppy cover that sat on the base of the fuse board, with all the fuse images and location reference...?

• Like 1

• 10 years later...

Good day,

The fuse box for my ford focus fuse box is faulty.There is a clicking sound form thefuse box. The central lock clicks,the lights flicks,The engine light and hand brake light pops on and off on the dash screen.

Are you guys able to assist.

Les

Have you checked all the plugs are in the fuse box properly and checked for corrosion on the pins in the sockets? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club