Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus

Paul24

Hi everybody,

Just after people's views/feedback on the new shape. Looking at the 1.6 Diesel Zetec/Titanium. Test drove a 1.6 Zetec other day and was impressed. Very quite nice to drive,better cockpit than my 08 1.8 TDCI Zetec. If i got one it would be through my works car leasing scheme.

Cheers Paul.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cuke

• Drmoore

• pavr27

• tomo2001

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think overall they don't look too bad. Seen quite a few now, and in the flesh they do look better than the pictures. I'm just not 100% convinced about the tail lights, but how much time would you spend looking at them anyway? The interior is very nice, and there's lots of tech available, I'd guess despite it's controversial looks, within a few years they'll be as common as the outgoing focus. Ford's designs lately have often been quite bold, but they do tend to grow on people.

Hi, I've had a lot of time to look at the Mk3 and have driven a few, they are streets ahead of the outgoing Mk2.5 in refinement, build quality and in looks. I like all the toys, thus I might wait until the release of the Sony SYNC Navigation 'MyFord' Touch, as I've been wanting to fit an all singing and dancing computer in my car for a long time now. Today I'm going up to Tunbridge Wells to test drive the version I am hoping to buy, 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium X with privacy glass, 18" wheels in Candy red, so I can compare it with my Mk4 remapped 2.0l diesel. I shall report back here with what I learn.

Chris

Hi guys, Thanks for your replies. When we went to our local Evans Halshaw the salesman to be fair talked me out of a Titanium by asking would i use the extras on board: Cruise control,. And that i know how to turn on my light and wipers when it rains. But like the upgrade of music system, passenger seat has the same lumbar support as drivers. He was also telling me they not building the 2.0 ltr yet.But would be very happy with 1.6 diesel.Do like White and the Black.

They arent building a 2.0 diesel engine on the new focus yet? how does that work? surely that cant be right?

Hi,

Salesman said all the 1.6, then Estates then 2.0 ltrs then STs. But you know what some dealerships are like at getting wrong information out.

Hi, well I don't know any of dealerships that you can't order them from, thus I assume they can be had, they are the same engine as the Mk4 Mondeo after all. I think your dealer is just trying to flog stock he can't shift, as the sales of the Mk3 aren't particularly brilliant as the Mk2.5 is still being sold alongside it. The dealer I went to today tried to get me to buy a black titanium, with some of the features I wanted, however lacking in too many, as a special deal. As many of the dealerships are coming to the end of this quarter I doubt it if they are able to make their quotas of cars sold.

Chris

So Cuke, was you impressed. i know i was, just the quality of the interior better quieter nice and smooth. what price was you quoted for the car? I know they offered 2k off the model i test drove. But saying that as well offered only £6700 for my 08 model i bought from them last Aug for £8500. insult.

So Cuke, was you impressed. i know i was, just the quality of the interior better quieter nice and smooth. what price was you quoted for the car? I know they offered 2k off the model i test drove. But saying that as well offered only £6700 for my 08 model i bought from them last Aug for £8500. insult.

Hi, I was very impressed in how quiet the 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium is, much quieter than my mondeo especially with road noise and you can hardly hear the engine. The ecoboost engine is nippy and fast, but, comparing it with my remapped 2.0l diesel, it was lacking the low down grunt, but I expected that and if I buy one I would certainly have it chipped. I was quoted £21995, for a Titanium X, in candy red, 18" wheels, appearance pack and sat nav. That's a good price but I know I can get the same for £20381 from a internet broker I used when I got my Mondeo.I am holding out though for a even greater reduction which I been told could happen around the 14th of this month. Although I might just wait until ext year when the Sony Sync MyFord is released.

Chris

Hi, I was very impressed in how quiet the 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium is, much quieter than my mondeo especially with road noise and you can hardly hear the engine. The ecoboost engine is nippy and fast, but, comparing it with my remapped 2.0l diesel, it was lacking the low down grunt, but I expected that and if I buy one I would certainly have it chipped. I was quoted £21995, for a Titanium X, in candy red, 18" wheels, appearance pack and sat nav. That's a good price but I know I can get the same for £20381 from a internet broker I used when I got my Mondeo.I am holding out though for a even greater reduction which I been told could happen around the 14th of this month. Although I might just wait until ext year when the Sony Sync MyFord is released.

Chris

Hi Chris, Because i'm looking at lease car scheme through work been quoted £247 a month for Titanium with everything in including tyres. Up to five people on the insurance for 10k miles a year. I'm only doing around 9k miles a year at present.Just got too decide what colour, Waiting time is about 12 weeks as well. Anyway Chris what ever you decide sure you will be very happy with your purchase.

Paul

Hi Chris, Because i'm looking at lease car scheme through work been quoted £247 a month for Titanium with everything in including tyres. Up to five people on the insurance for 10k miles a year. I'm only doing around 9k miles a year at present.Just got too decide what colour, Waiting time is about 12 weeks as well. Anyway Chris what ever you decide sure you will be very happy with your purchase.

Paul

Hi, thanks for that Paul, the salesperson I saw yesterday has come up with a new deal and I'm just waiting to hear the details. Good luck with yours too, sorry but I can't help you with leasing. Yes 12 weeks is about right I was quoted sept for delivery from the factory. But I'm in no hurry, I like my Mk4 Mondeo, and it is a good looker, however it has become too big really just for driving around town.

Chris

Well, the latest road-gripper has finally arrived to our dealers last May. My reviews are as follows:

- Couldn't get to used to the rear lamps. It will take time or I'm never gonna like them at all.

- It's somehow inspired by the first New-Edges Focus, which both share similar geometrical attributes in design.

- The second generation was available in beige velour in the interior, but not in the newly arrived ones - country specifics may be?

- I haven't test driven yet, but the car magazines' reviews say it's the ever quietest Focus and drives like a dream - again.

- No Sony audio this time - not even in the Titaniums.

- And still no auto-diesels. I miss the good all days when 7-speed CVT equipped 1.6 TDCIs were available.

Its a shame the normal 1.6 petrol is so slow and the basic model is still over priced. My 09 Focus estate was quicker than the Mk 3 Zetec.

I had the choice between having a Mk 2.5 1.6 Sport built and ready for mid April this year and waiting a bit longer for a Mk 3 Edge. As well as the extras they put on the Sport (I didn't want the Titanium spec), the fact the Sport was £3.5k cheaper, and the Mk 3 Edge didn't even have fog lights, it was a no brainer.

Also, I would have been absolutely gutted if I paid the full price for a Mk 3 and in 12 months time they start discounting them like they normally do.

I bought my previous Focus new in March 09 and saved over £6k on the price it was when the Mk 2.5 was launched. So unless you are leasing it, they just aren't worth the money at the moment. Especially as the price has got to crash in the near future. If your buying, leave it a year, you will save a fortune.

Hi, I find both your comments facinating, who, when sitting in the drivers seat, looks at the rear lights? If you are going to apply that criteria than it could be said that the Mk2-.2.5, very old fashioned and boring design to look at, but then so is the interior, would be worse. I know I've owned one, it was terrible, noisey, unrefined, harsh ride, a list of negatives too long to put here, dammit, they couldn't even match the colour of the bumpers to the body. I also don't understand the comment about prices, they are similar to all the other cars in the same class, although they do not have the equipment the Mk3 Focus has. It's much cheaper than the golf, yes we all know the Golf holds its residues, however it isn't as good car as the Focus at all. I know they're not as cheap as the Asian alternatives, but one pays more for quality. Dealers I've spoken too are willing to take £2k of the price of a new one, but really, who would pay the full price anyway. Yes the old focus is cheaper, but who wants to drive a old car that will be worth next to nothing once you take it off the forecourt. I can also find deals on the new focus that will give over £3,000 off the list price. Ford always load up outgoing base models with some equipment, but then call it a Sport? LOL, not sport like all with the wheezy uneconomical 1.6, which you agree with in your first line btmaldon, yet you still bought one. Wow the old estate is 0.3 of a sec faster in the,0-62, but has a slower top speed, so the gearing and weight make the differences. figures according to Ford. Sorry but where is the difference there?

No automatics, so what is powershift then, no Sony in the !Removed!, are you blind?

Chris

Hi, I find both your comments facinating, who, when sitting in the drivers seat, looks at the rear lights? If you are going to apply that criteria than it could be said that the Mk2-.2.5, very old fashioned and boring design to look at, but then so is the interior, would be worse. I know I've owned one, it was terrible, noisey, unrefined, harsh ride, a list of negatives too long to put here, dammit, they couldn't even match the colour of the bumpers to the body. I also don't understand the comment about prices, they are similar to all the other cars in the same class, although they do not have the equipment the Mk3 Focus has. It's much cheaper than the golf, yes we all know the Golf holds its residues, however it isn't as good car as the Focus at all. I know they're not as cheap as the Asian alternatives, but one pays more for quality. Dealers I've spoken too are willing to take £2k of the price of a new one, but really, who would pay the full price anyway. Yes the old focus is cheaper, but who wants to drive a old car that will be worth next to nothing once you take it off the forecourt. I can also find deals on the new focus that will give over £3,000 off the list price. Ford always load up outgoing base models with some equipment, but then call it a Sport? LOL, not sport like all with the wheezy uneconomical 1.6, which you agree with in your first line btmaldon, yet you still bought one. Wow the old estate is 0.3 of a sec faster in the,0-62, but has a slower top speed, so the gearing and weight make the differences. figures according to Ford. Sorry but where is the difference there?

No automatics, so what is powershift then, no Sony in the !Removed!, are you blind?

Chris

Its your money and your point of view. Fortunately I dont have to agree. Id like to see the depreciation after 3 years.

The remark I made about the 1.6 petrol being so slow was refering to the Mk 3 which using your description was wheezy.

I must say the Mk 3 Zetec was quieter than my old estate but hardly quieter than the Sport. Mind you the continentals that were on the old car did give a lot of road noise in comparison to others. Dont get me wrong, I quite like the new shape although its not anything to write home about, and I didnt find it any smoother or refined than the Mk2.5. However when comparing it with an old car with 25k miles on it, then obviously it would feel better than something that has started to loosen up and needs a new set of tyres.

I still recon you will be able to pick up a Mk 3 Titanium for less than £18k and the edge for less than £14k inside 18 months.

The other point about the spec on the Mk 3. Its not great on the basic models, the Ecoboost engine is only available in the Titanium, and the goodies worth having are all extras.

If youve got the money, get one, I am sure the Titanium with its Ecoboost engine is a great drive (it should be) but dont bother with the Edge (or the Zetec, which is the point I was trying to make). Oh, and I love the fact that Ford load up the outgoing models. Saves thousands.

Chris

Watch your manners, be cool. I say no auto diesels for 1.6 TDCIs and there are no Sony audio fitted to Titanium cars imported here - which is not United Kingdom.

You can already get the new focus edge for £13995.

Well that makes it a more attractive offer, and am surprized its been discounted so early. In March I was offered one at £16,260 on the road with solid paint. But after driving the Zetec model decided to go for the Mk2.5 Sport which was only £12,900 with Metalic.

Now if they had an Ecoboost version at the same price as the Edge, then I may well have gone for one.

How much are they doing the Titanium for?

Watch your manners, be cool. I say no auto diesels for 1.6 TDCIs and there are no Sony audio fitted to Titanium cars imported here - which is not United Kingdom.

Hi, my manners are fine thank you, as this is a United Kingdom forum, see top of page, it might have helped if you'd put what country you were commenting about. Sorry but no mind reader am I...

Chris

They are discounting any and all petrols. Not much if anything off diesel models at moment.

Well that makes it a more attractive offer, and am surprized its been discounted so early. In March I was offered one at £16,260 on the road with solid paint. But after driving the Zetec model decided to go for the Mk2.5 Sport which was only £12,900 with Metalic.

Now if they had an Ecoboost version at the same price as the Edge, then I may well have gone for one.

How much are they doing the Titanium for?

Hi, to me the ecoboost tit is around £16,901otr, but did I not say dealers are giving around £2000, but then who'd buy off a stealer. Here is a rough guide to there prices http://www.ashbyford.co.uk/info/all-new-focus-titanium/ I'm sure if you google it then you might find some good deals elsewhere.

Chris

Does anybody know if the chrome tail piece exhaust is standard on the titanium or titanium x as pictured in the brochure or is it discontinued on new models as i have a titanium x on order and etis says its less exhaust piece extension

I ordered an ecoboost engine etis confirms this but still states less exhaust piece extension

I also ordered the driver assistance pack all etis states is with low speed safety system is that correct