Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus

Paul24

Hi, well that's it, I've had my credit card reimbursed by Broadspeed, although I had to ring marion, the person who does the finances because it hadn't been actioned by simon. In reading between the lines, and from what she said, there will be no deal on car for the price I signed a vehicle order for. So I've given up for now and will look again in Sept, if they've a Sony Sat nav, if not it'll be in the new year when, hopefully, the Sony SYNC will come out. Gutted as I have spent so much time on this...

Chris

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cuke

• Drmoore

• pavr27

• tomo2001

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, well that's it, I've had my credit card reimbursed by Broadspeed, although I had to ring marion, the person who does the finances because it hadn't been actioned by simon. In reading between the lines, and from what she said, there will be no deal on car for the price I signed a vehicle order for. So I've given up for now and will look again in Sept, if they've a Sony Sat nav, if not it'll be in the new year when, hopefully, the Sony SYNC will come out. Gutted as I have spent so much time on this...

Chris

Sorry to hear that Chris, I know it looked like you had a good deal there. On the upside you may well get the updated version, and possibly a better deal, if these Mk3's dont start selling quicker.

Hi, thank you btmaldon, I shall probably keep an eye on things but without the proper Sat Nav the only compensation was the price. I could afford it easily, however it just isn't the right car at the moment.

Chris

Hi, oh blimey, now I am stuffed. I might have resurrected a deal, more to follow...

Chris

Hi, ok I've done the deal, with my local Ford dealership in the end, played one off against the other. I'm happy with what I've got and in the end I decided not to have sat nav because of the crummy ford console, the sony looks much better, and the apparent downgrade to 6 Speakers as well. I might as well buy a tomtom sat nav at £120 and get more options. So in sept I should be getting a Candy Rad Titx with appearance pack and 18" wheels - can't wait :-)

Chris

Hi Cuke

My candy red tit x with ecoboost, 18" wheels, app pack and drvers pack arrived in the dealers today really looks the part

Hi, oooh, get some photos please, lots of them :)

Chris

My questions:

1) In the brochure it states that most of the Driver Assistance Pack features are not available until 'late 2011'. Having paid £750 for this pack, I expect no less that ALL these features. I did check with the dealer, and they seem to think (although are not 100% sure as they have asked the same question of Ford) that on my car, I'll get the full pack. If I don't, I won't be continuing with the purchase. Can anybody shed any light on this?

2) I notice that the ford brochure also lists lowered suspension (eibach springs) as a dealer fit accessory. Any opinion on this as a modification? (whether done at ford dealer, or independently). I'm used to a hard ride, so don't mind that....and would appreciate any improved handling. Would it have much impact on insurance?

3) Since the dealer took my order 3 weeks ago now (and he said there were cars he had in the system that were still customisable - (I don't generally believe this anyway!) is it reasonable to expect to be given a VIN for my car? If so, will I be able to track it on ETIS? (if so, how?)

Thanks!

Anybody able to address my questions in my previous post? Thanks

Hi again, I might be able to help with some of your questions:

1) All the road tests I've seen have shown all the features working with DAP.

2) Sure it will harshen up the ride, especially with 18" wheels and don't expect any favours with speed humps. As the knowledge of the Mk3 is limited why don't you post the query into the general Focus forum as a new topic. There might be someone with the earlier model that could help. It will make a impact on your insurance, as you have to declare the modifications, how much is dependant upon your insurance company. I would also get it done by the dealers as this might affect your warranty otherwise.

3) Yes, in the Mondeo section of the talkford form there was a contact within the factory that bulit the Mondeo, he said that until they actually commenced building the car you can change the options. I always ask for the vin so I can check my car has the correct specs on ETIS. The list on there might not be complete though until it is fully updated. I am expecting this with my order of the Mk3 and I will be requesting the VIN to be e-mailed to me when the dealship has it.

TalkFord forum is here http://www.talkford.com/index.php?app=forums

Cheers,

Chris

Drmoore - How long did yours take to get to the dealer, mine is being built 23/06 (due to change in spec).

Hi, mind if I ask did you change the spec or was there a spec update by Ford?

Chris

I changed the spec (see my other thread - Sat Nav). Was told Touchscreen sat nav not available till 2012 so went for Ford sat nav and 18" wheels. Full Spec, Tit X 1.6TDCi Stop/Start, Dark Micastone, Appearance Pack, Ford Sat Nav and 18" wheels

Hi, thanks for your reply, its strange, this Sony Sat nav with touch screen actually appears with in the dealers online ordering and has a price, however they can't select it so as to order. You sure you wanted the Ford Sat Nav, when I looked into it through ETIS it say it comes with six Speakers instead of the 9 premium ones that the standard sony has. If you put GJ11KLP, its one that for sale pre-owned into http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do here you'll see what I mean. Of course it could be wrong, some dealers have said they couldn't see the factory taking out nine Speakers to put back in six, however I wasn't willing to take the risk...

Chris

6 Speakers should be adequate for me, coming from a Honda Civic with the sheeite sound system they have as standard

My dealer found one on the system which had just been built the day i ordered to the spec i wanted so that cut down the lead time.

It then took 2 weeks to arrive in Northern Ireland from Germany

6 speakers should be adequate for me, coming from a Honda Civic with the sheeite sound system they have as standard

Hi, fair enough...

Chris

Hi again, I might be able to help with some of your questions:

1) All the road tests I've seen have shown all the features working with DAP.

2) Sure it will harshen up the ride, especially with 18" wheels and don't expect any favours with speed humps. As the knowledge of the Mk3 is limited why don't you post the query into the general Focus forum as a new topic. There might be someone with the earlier model that could help. It will make a impact on your insurance, as you have to declare the modifications, how much is dependant upon your insurance company. I would also get it done by the dealers as this might affect your warranty otherwise.

3) Yes, in the Mondeo section of the talkford form there was a contact within the factory that bulit the Mondeo, he said that until they actually commenced building the car you can change the options. I always ask for the vin so I can check my car has the correct specs on ETIS. The list on there might not be complete though until it is fully updated. I am expecting this with my order of the Mk3 and I will be requesting the VIN to be e-mailed to me when the dealship has it.

TalkFord forum is here http://www.talkford.com/index.php?app=forums

Cheers,

Chris

Got my candy red tit x today

Car seems really well built still learning how to use all of the gadgets it came with

Got my candy red tit x today

Car seems really well built still learning how to use all of the gadgets it came with

Did you choose any options with it?

Drivers pack

App pack

18" alloys

Cool, same as I have chosen (plus adaptive cruise control)

Do all the features of the assistance pack work? have u tried driving into a wall yet? Have u let it try and park itself yet!?

Never got acc

All drivers assistance aids work not tried the auto parking yet

Hi, when you've stopped playing can we have some pictures please :)

Chris

Sounds great. I'd love to see some pics too. Interior and exterior - from every angle please! Lol

Paul.

How do i go about posting photos, is it safe to show reg plate