Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whatcar Recommended Fiesta??

bryfly

Currently I have a fiesta 1.6 tdci that is coming up to 3 years old, so time to change; I do not do the mileage to justify a tdci. Whatcar recommends the 1.25 . 82ps zetec, anybody got any thoughts about whether they are correct to make that model the best buy?

i drove one for 6 months and it were fine for what i did urban driving with the occassional motorway journey. u cant get that engine in titanium spec tho. i could sell u one too if u want :P call me (daniel) on 01132 009500 for any info :)

Currently I have a fiesta 1.6 tdci that is coming up to 3 years old, so time to change; I do not do the mileage to justify a tdci. Whatcar recommends the 1.25 . 82ps zetec, anybody got any thoughts about whether they are correct to make that model the best buy?

Personally I am not for the 1.25 engine because the petrol consumption is relatively high for that performance.

Based on Ford's information the consumption for the 1.25 engine (combined) is 50.4 while for the 1.6 Duratec Ti-VCT is 48.7. As you can see the difference is very little.

I was also thinking about the 1.25 a few months ago but then after checking the consumption and power I decided that it is much wiser to go for the 1.6 petrol engine.

Here are some details:

image2kmg.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I bought a 1.25 82PS model a few months ago. Initially my average fuel consumption was 45mpg, but my average-since-new is now 49mpg.

I agree that the official fuel consumption figures of all the petrol Fiestas are remarkably (suspiciously?) similar.

Compared to a 13-year-old 1.3 petrol (Endura-E) Fiesta, the 1.25 82PS lacks low-end torque, but in all other respects is better. Although I am quite happy with it, I suspect the lack of low-end torque would be very noticeable to you.

Do you really need to replace your car yet?

I had the same question in mind ;)

I test drove the 1.4 and it honestly didn't seem any less powerful than my 1.6 for urban driving, I think that is probably the best compromise between the 1.25 and 1.6.

I test drove the 1.4 and it honestly didn't seem any less powerful than my 1.6 for urban driving

That sounds strange...

1.4 has 133Nm and 1.6 has 152Nm...

Probably not but dont want to get into MOT's and the 3 year warranty expires

Probably not but dont want to get into MOT's and the 3 year warranty expires

I guess that your car can't be in so bad shape after 3 years of running, right?

off topic but did anyone see the top gear episode when Jeremy had this old red pickup and he wanted to kill it.

He drove it around bristol smashing into trees etc.

He drove it into the see and it still ran after being it had been drowned.

They then hit it multiple times with a wrecking ball and it still ran.

lol :ph34r:

Jamie

off topic but did anyone see the top gear episode when Jeremy had this old red pickup and he wanted to kill it.

He drove it around bristol smashing into trees etc.

He drove it into the see and it still ran after being it had been drowned.

They then hit it multiple times with a wrecking ball and it still ran.

lol :ph34r:

Jamie

True that was slightly off topic...

But that was a good episode haha :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club