5 replies to this topic

#1 ilm

ilm

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta
Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:04 AM

Hi

I need to check the fuse for my cigarette lighter (though called cigar lighter in Haynes manual) as it is not working but I cannot find anything that tells me where it is and which one it is. In the Haynes manual it has a diagram of fuse boxes for "up to 2000 model" where I can see it, but on the "2000 onwards" it is not mentioned. Am I being blind!! but I've checked a few times with no luck.

Has anyone any diagrams or links to a picture that will show me which fuse it is and which fuse box to look at? or if not that, how I can check if its the fuse or lighter itself that's stopped working.

ford fiesta freestyle
1.25 zetec
52 reg

thanks for your help

ILM

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:55 PM

behind the glovebox i think its 6 fuses across and 3 up from the bottom of the fuse box,its a 15a.

#3 fosh100

fosh100

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK5 3dr 1.25 zetec

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:39 PM

which shape fiesta is it matey new shape or old shape 1 ?

#4 ilm

ilm

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta
Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:15 PM

which shape fiesta is it matey new shape or old shape 1 ?

it's the old style fiesta

http://search.autotr...rgeId=823734431

identical to the model above

still can't locate it.

#5 mcguireward

mcguireward

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Style

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:35 AM

I have a 07 reg Fiesta Style and my 12v outlet has stopped working. I've looked at the fuse box (behind the glove compartment) but none of the fuses refer to the 12v power outlet. Does anyone know which fuse I need to replace?

#6 DONFRAMAC

DONFRAMAC

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk6 1.25 Zetec Climate '58 reg

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:27 AM

I have a 07 reg Fiesta Style and my 12v outlet has stopped working. I've looked at the fuse box (behind the glove compartment) but none of the fuses refer to the 12v power outlet. Does anyone know which fuse I need to replace?

My Haynes manual, for the Mk 6, '02 to '05 reg, shows the fuse-box layout behind the glovebox, as having the cigar lighter fused by F29, 15 amp, and is in the middle vertical tine of fuses, 5th down, just above the centre-line of the block of fuses. It is fed from another fuse in the engine-bay, FE 60 amp. The earth from the cigar lighter is screwed to the body at point E6, on RH inner sill, behind floor cross-member.
There is also mention of an accessories socket, via relays and other fuses, detailed on section 12.29, of the wiring diagrams section of the manual that I'm quoting from. Ask if you want those details:- fuses/relays/earth point/GEM with battery saving relay.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users