• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Amie07

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Ford Model: Ka zetec 09

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

Ok, as title, how much should I be expecting to pay for my 2nd service (first major) Only got just under 6K on clock, don't know if that makes a difference? Just want to know what kind of price I should be putting to Ford as I had a call from someone the other day and she quoted 220, I said you're having a laugh and said I'd pay nearer 180, so advice please! :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 fishpond 47

fishpond 47

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 363 posts
  • Ford Model: mk3 mondeo x2 + a ka

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:06 AM

Jez thats a rip off, even your price of 180 is way over the top, knock the 100 off 'your willing to pay' price is more realistic, or leave the 100 on just for the ford stamp in the service book.

spark plugs
air filter
oil filter
sreen wash

these are the main bits needed for your service, plus anything else ford's can add on just to make the cost up,
where abouts are you?

#3 Amie07

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Ford Model: Ka zetec 09

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:32 PM

Thanks for your reply. So I should try and get the price nearer 100 then? I know I could get it cheaper at a local garage but not sure if I trust them and would rather pay a bit more for Ford to do it, though obviously don't want to be completely ripped off! I'm in west midlands, I usually stick to one particular ford place but lucky that there are quite a few round here within 20 mile radius so I guess I could try and play them off against each other, not that they'd be that bothered about one measly service but it's worth a try!

#4 Danielle

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Ka MK2 Zetec

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:45 PM

I paid just over 100 for mine (not with a Ford garage but all genuine Ford parts). However my Ka also has a lot more miles then 6k.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users