Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Focus 2011 Mp3 Aux In Problem

pbsully07

Recently purchased the New Ford Focus 2011 1.6 TDCI Titanium, and found that when connecting my MP3 player via the USB connection in the glove box, the dash screen menu states Files not recognised or no files present. Sometimes the files will play ok before getting the files not recognised message. All the files on my IRIVER H340 player are of MP3 format and has worked perfectly well with other cars which have a MP3 USB connection. Has anyone else experienced similar problems or know of a solution? Thanks

Hi, I believe this may have happened with the Mk4 Mondeo as well and may have been to a too higher birate for the mp3's. I can't actually find it on the TalkFord site, but does page 249 of the car's manual any help to you?

Chris

Hi. Don't know if this applies to your car but I have a 2011 Focus Sport (old model) which comes with a SatNav/Audio/Bluetooth/Radio unit. I use a USB Stick and I got a 'not an audio file' message on some files. Investigation showed that these files were MP3 Layer 2 whereas the manual stated that files must be Layer 3. Not wishing to deal with this on a file-by-file basis, I converted the lot to Layer 3, i.e. including the files which were already Layer 3. This completely solved the problem. Don't rely on Windows Explorer or My Computer to find out the Layer type as I found that they report all files as Layer 3 even when they are Layer 2. I used Winamp (file info) to find out the true Layer type. I used Easy CD-DA Extractor to convert the files to Layer 3.

Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club