Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav/radio Fault

trigger

Hi all, My sat nav unit has just started to play up. Its a CG3537 unit(the touch screen one) in a 57 plate s-max. some days it will turn on and all is fine then other days it lights up as if it was turning on but nothing comes up on the screen and no sound. Any ideas on what this could be???? Thanks inadvance.

Owen

Probably needs the latest software update applying to it. There was a new one launched Nov 2010 which cures a lot of the common crashing issues.

You can get it off the german smax owners club forum - you will need to register on there and use google translate (unless you speak fluent German) - then you can download it, copy it to CD and then install it onto the unit following the instructions.

Otherwise you have to take it to a dealer - and I'd imagine they will charge you unless you're still in warranty...

Just a quick update. I have installed the update and as to date no problems with sat nav. The update does not work with the 2007 maps so now I have no satnav :( I rang up Ford today and ask for the latest maps for the unit and they said that the only disc avaiable is the 2007 disc I already have :huh: The website they said for me to try say's that it is main dealer only and the main dealer say's go to the website... can somebody spreed any light on this....please.

You can get the later maps from eBay. I'm running the 2010 map in mine.

• 1 year later...

Just a quick update. I have installed the update and as to date no problems with sat nav. The update does not work with the 2007 maps so now I have no satnav sad.gif I rang up Ford today and ask for the latest maps for the unit and they said that the only disc avaiable is the 2007 disc I already have huh.gif The website they said for me to try say's that it is main dealer only and the main dealer say's go to the website... can somebody spreed any light on this....please.

Just wondering how you got on. I have a Travelpilot NX (DVD Nav touchscreen) on my S-Max 2008, with 2009 nav disc, but it keeps reloading when using the Nav. I've registered on the German S-Max Club, but I'm unable to find the link to download the software update.

Also, did you have any luck getting hold of the later DVD nav disk.

I spoke to my local ford dealer, they want £85 to update the software, and have said that you may need to buy the latest map, which is a further £175.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club