#16 FiestaOwner

FiestaOwner

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 Titanium Auto
  • Year: 2011

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:51 PM

I think I'd prefer it to be half the length and lower down.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 NathanS

NathanS

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 Titanium (Vision Blue)
Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:38 AM

My Boomerang armrest arrived today (from Amazon.co.uk). Going to be fitting it as soon as I can get hold of a socket set :-)

#18 IcemintB

IcemintB

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S Tdci

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:15 PM

My Boomerang armrest arrived today (from Amazon.co.uk). Going to be fitting it as soon as I can get hold of a socket set :-)

dont forget to take a few pics and post here :)

#19 gazza81288

gazza81288

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium S

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

Hi

Nice to see more people buying this Armrest and having more people backing up my opinion of this armrest. I am currently Boomerangs UK representative and they are currently sending a lot more stock over to the UK and I have been told that they will be hitting the UK for 99, which is excellent value. As I am a regular visitor to this forum I would be willing to offer you lot the chance to getting to even cheaper through a group buy.

Also another thing is that Boomerang are also bringing over the Zetec s spoiler, but for a lot cheaper than what Ford are selling them for. If anyone is interested then let me know.

And lastly I know there is quite a large demand for the Chinese grille (see picture below), well Boomerang are also bring a load of these to UK. I will post more details once they hit the UK.

Posted Image

thanks

Gaz

#20 NathanS

NathanS

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:28 PM

Installed and all is well, was a bit difficult getting the centre console piece back in once the metal arm was in place, but managed it in the end. The armrest is good quality and fits in well with the standard trim in my Titanium, looks like it could have been a dealer option imo.

Have just seen the price has just dropped to 99 on Amazon also, bit annoying as only received mine yesterday! <_<

#21 NathanS

NathanS

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:33 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

A few pics after installation.

#22 TRouble25

TRouble25

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Name: tom
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.25 Colorado Red
  • Year: 2010

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:44 AM

Hows it to drive with around town? ie. can you actually use the handbrake effectively (birds eye view photo would help with this). I'm interested in the product I'm just not sure on its practicality (as has been covered in any armrest thread on this forum). I suppose a user review would be helpful ;)

Great car btw :D

#23 NathanS

NathanS

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:09 AM

In order to use the handbrake you need to lift the armrest up, which is no problem as you're only going to be using the handbrake when you've come to a stop anyway (unless you think you're a rally driver!). I'm sure that's the same on some factory fit armrests too, so I don't see it as an issue or anything.

Having said that I've not driven it since installing it, so maybe I'll see how I go on with the armrest down :)

#24 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,613 posts
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:14 PM

Looks good, could we have a pic from the rear seats and a close up of how it fits to the rear cup holder/centre console ...just next time you have your camera out :) cheers

#25 NathanS

NathanS

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:02 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

These above show where the mounting arm is fitted after removing the rear section of the centre console, the metal plate you can see in the second photo is removed and replaced with the base of the armrest.

Posted Image
Posted Image

The good thing about this arm is it doesn't involve any drilling or !Removed! into the existing plastics.

Also, had a drive around with it today, you can use the handbrake without having to move the armrest but obviously it does get in the way a little - just use a bit of common sense!

#26 TRouble25

TRouble25

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Name: tom
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.25 Colorado Red
  • Year: 2010

Posted 30 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

Thanks for the extra info, good to hear. My main concern was the occasions you apply the handbrake for long lights etc and if the rest obstructed too much (which tbf are few and far between). Appreciate the quick opinion and all the photos though, much obliged.

#27 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

Yeah as above, thanks for the extra pics Nathan :)

#28 FiestaOwner

FiestaOwner

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 Titanium Auto

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:59 AM

Looks good, could we have a pic from the rear seats and a close up of how it fits to the rear cup holder/centre console ...just next time you have your camera out :) cheers

There's some close-ups of the armrest on Amazon - looks like it attaches to the floor not to the cup holder which is different to the US version...

Posted Image

I'm not keen on the metal frame and the cushion top doesn't match the fabric in my car ... possibly I'm being too fussy but for 99 I'd expect something that looks like it's part of the car.

#29 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:01 PM

There's some close-ups of the armrest on Amazon - looks like it attaches to the floor not to the cup holder which is different to the US version...

Posted Image

I'm not keen on the metal frame and the cushion top doesn't match the fabric in my car ... possibly I'm being too fussy but for 99 I'd expect something that looks like it's part of the car.

I'm not a fan of the back section either. My cheap-o one from ebay looks more factory fitted (if you ignore the differing shade of plastic) and I reckon it would be better for centre-rear passenger knee room too.

Posted Image

Still, its nice to have another option when choosing arm rests for the euro fez :)

#30 kevin lancelott

kevin lancelott

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Name: kevin
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium X 1.6 tdci
  • Year: 2013

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:36 PM

Unless ford do an arm rest for the fiesta I don't think any after market one looks good at all.The stinking great girder on the Boomerang one is horrid.The others are just not the right colour for the fiesta trim.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users