Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trip Meter Not Working

Richardhart90

Hi all,

I've just bought a focus 1.8 Tddi and i cant seem to get the trip meter to work !

I've pushed the reset button but it just wont count as i drive.

Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks

Richard

Is it stuck at zero? If so I would suspect that the button or the switch it operates is stuck in.

I assume the speedo is working ok and the ordinary odometer is clocking up?

Is it stuck at zero? If so I would suspect that the button or the switch it operates is stuck in.

I assume the speedo is working ok and the ordinary odometer is clocking up

Hi,

Thanks for reply, the speedo is working ok and odometer is clocking up, i wonder if the reset button is stuck in , as i done the Self-Diagnostic Mode - Instrument Cluster test once and i cant seem to do it anymore !

How do releive the butotn?, when you push it in, it does seem to click when pushed?

Thanks

Richard

It does sound like a switch problem although if it clicks it may not be stuck so might be broken internally. I'm afraid I can't be more help as I've never had an instrument cluster out. If it's a surface-mount component it might not be feasible to replace it.

Hopefully someone else may be able to offer more help.

It does sound like a switch problem although if it clicks it may not be stuck so might be broken internally. I'm afraid I can't be more help as I've never had an instrument cluster out. If it's a surface-mount component it might not be feasible to replace it.

Hopefully someone else may be able to offer more help.

indeed its part of the internals of the cluster and wont be fixable well you can but 9 times out of 10 you break the cluster so ide get a new cluster from a scrapyard if it bothers you or just live with it and see if it pops out on its own

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club