Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Name: Tato
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.6 Duratec Ti-VCT
  • Year: 2011

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:42 AM

Hello

I would like to hear from as many users as possible what are the most common problems that you had with your new Fiesta. A top 3 or 5 could come in handy. For example I was surprised to read on this forum that some users had problems with the coolant system short time after they got the cars...which is somehow very strange for a new car...

Anyways, let's get the problems listed :D

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 arbgarry

arbgarry

Settling In Well

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Name: garry
  • Ford Model: mk7 Fiesta Zetec

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:54 AM

Sofar for mine its just the coolant pipes/system

car is a 2011 Fiesta 1.4 TDCI, on both occasions the first indication of a problem is lots of steam coming out from under the bonnet, that ive only notice when ive came to a stop, so no idea how long ive been driving about with no coolant, both times its happend i got no warning lights

first time was 11 days ago, second time was last nite.

#3 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:55 PM

Sofar for mine its just the coolant pipes/system

car is a 2011 Fiesta 1.4 TDCI, on both occasions the first indication of a problem is lots of steam coming out from under the bonnet, that ive only notice when ive came to a stop, so no idea how long ive been driving about with no coolant, both times its happend i got no warning lights

first time was 11 days ago, second time was last nite.

Still sounds strange considering that the car is very new.

#4 Nay ZS

Nay ZS

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta 1.6 Ti-VCT Zetec S

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:24 PM

I think you treat these as possible issues and little niggles to be aware of rather than problems. You have to remember that most people only post on here when they have a problem which can make the car seem terrible when they're listed together in threads like this. That said in response to your question the buckling of the 16 and 17 alloys is a problem that people should be aware of. I hope your enjoying your new car.

#5 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

I think you treat these as possible issues and little niggles to be aware of rather than problems. You have to remember that most people only post on here when they have a problem which can make the car seem terrible when they're listed together in threads like this. That said in response to your question the buckling of the 16 and 17 alloys is a problem that people should be aware of. I hope your enjoying your new car.

Thanks for sharing mate!

Personally, when I get a new car, I expect that I won't have problems with it, at least for the first year (with normal driving and responsibility for your car)

Buckling of the alloys is a problem in my opinion. It is a quality issue problem that Ford should be aware of.

Anyway, I just hope that everybody has less problems, of course :)

#6 calmcdermott

calmcdermott

Area Rep: Northeast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Name: Callum
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta ST500
  • Year: 2008

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

1. Rattles coming from the stereo and somewhere in the back.
2. Handbreak leather gator, this has ripped 3 times, replaced twice and Ford will not replace it again.
3. Steering rack, replaced once last year but now it is doing it again (need to to back to Ford)
4. At idle engine has a slight judder (needs to go into ford to get fixed, think it may be the coil pack)

I'm sure there is something else but I am really considering getting rid of mine, sick to the back teeth of it

#7 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

1. Rattles coming from the stereo and somewhere in the back.
2. Handbreak leather gator, this has ripped 3 times, replaced twice and Ford will not replace it again.
3. Steering rack, replaced once last year but now it is doing it again (need to to back to Ford)
4. At idle engine has a slight judder (needs to go into ford to get fixed, think it may be the coil pack)

I'm sure there is something else but I am really considering getting rid of mine, sick to the back teeth of it

I get your point...to bad you had so many problems...

#8 calmcdermott

calmcdermott

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:40 PM

Haha I needed the opportunity to let out my frustration with the car!

#9 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:51 PM

Haha I needed the opportunity to let out my frustration with the car!

What can I say, I am glad that you did :D Let's put it also the other way, what do you like about the car?

Anyway...I don't know if I should call it bad luck or just real problems...but let's see...maybe other will also share their experiences.

I have to admit that I was also disappointed with several times with BMW (I've owned 2) but none of the two were new, so I wouldn't be amazed if... ;)

#10 calmcdermott

calmcdermott

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:58 PM

What can I say, I am glad that you did :D Let's put it also the other way, what do you like about the car?

Anyway...I don't know if I should call it bad luck or just real problems...but let's see...maybe other will also share their experiences.

I have to admit that I was also disappointed with several times with BMW (I've owned 2) but none of the two were new, so I wouldn't be amazed if... ;)

I like the handling and the way it looks haha, the the quality of parts and trim isn't too cracking but otherwise I'd be happy lol

#11 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:04 PM

I like the handling and the way it looks haha, the the quality of parts and trim isn't too cracking but otherwise I'd be happy lol

Well...at least you like something :D

#12 StewartM

StewartM

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 1.25 Zetec 3 Door

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:25 PM

Boot opening all by itself and drivers door handle jamming in the open position.

S.

#13 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:54 PM

Boot opening all by itself and drivers door handle jamming in the open position.

S.

Boot opening by itself...that's really annoying I guess...
As for the door handle jamming, I had the same issue on my E46, but at least that one was made in 2000. ;)

#14 FiestaOwner

FiestaOwner

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0T Ecoboost Titanium Powershift
  • Year: 2014

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:41 AM

A few very minor problems with mine...

1. Buzzing noise from the stereo. Doesn't do this all the time and I'm not sure what causes it. Not a big deal as I usually have the volume up high. Possibly Bluetooth interference? If it is Bluetooth then it's something I don't mind putting up with (the convenience of bonding my mobile phone to the car far outweighs the buzzing noise).

2. The ends of the rubber trim around the door aren't stuck down properly - I need to get me some Superglue!

3. I've got the 1.4 Auto. Going through first gear sounds a bit odd (sort of whizzes). Possibly a "feature" of the engine?

4. Cruise control is a bit clunky on the motorway when the transmission drops to third.

I'm struggling to think of anything else wrong with it!

#15 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:04 AM

A few very minor problems with mine...

1. Buzzing noise from the stereo. Doesn't do this all the time and I'm not sure what causes it. Not a big deal as I usually have the volume up high. Possibly Bluetooth interference? If it is Bluetooth then it's something I don't mind putting up with (the convenience of bonding my mobile phone to the car far outweighs the buzzing noise).

2. The ends of the rubber trim around the door aren't stuck down properly - I need to get me some Superglue!

3. I've got the 1.4 Auto. Going through first gear sounds a bit odd (sort of whizzes). Possibly a "feature" of the engine?

4. Cruise control is a bit clunky on the motorway when the transmission drops to third.

I'm struggling to think of anything else wrong with it!

How old is your car and do you know where it was made?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users