Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most Common Problems?

Tato

Hello

I would like to hear from as many users as possible what are the most common problems that you had with your new Fiesta. A top 3 or 5 could come in handy. For example I was surprised to read on this forum that some users had problems with the coolant system short time after they got the cars...which is somehow very strange for a new car...

Anyways, let's get the problems listed :D

Sofar for mine its just the coolant pipes/system

car is a 2011 Fiesta 1.4 TDCI, on both occasions the first indication of a problem is lots of steam coming out from under the bonnet, that ive only notice when ive came to a stop, so no idea how long ive been driving about with no coolant, both times its happend i got no warning lights

first time was 11 days ago, second time was last nite.

Sofar for mine its just the coolant pipes/system

car is a 2011 Fiesta 1.4 TDCI, on both occasions the first indication of a problem is lots of steam coming out from under the bonnet, that ive only notice when ive came to a stop, so no idea how long ive been driving about with no coolant, both times its happend i got no warning lights

first time was 11 days ago, second time was last nite.

Still sounds strange considering that the car is very new.

I think you treat these as possible issues and little niggles to be aware of rather than problems. You have to remember that most people only post on here when they have a problem which can make the car seem terrible when they're listed together in threads like this. That said in response to your question the buckling of the 16 and 17 alloys is a problem that people should be aware of. I hope your enjoying your new car.

• Like 1

I think you treat these as possible issues and little niggles to be aware of rather than problems. You have to remember that most people only post on here when they have a problem which can make the car seem terrible when they're listed together in threads like this. That said in response to your question the buckling of the 16 and 17 alloys is a problem that people should be aware of. I hope your enjoying your new car.

Thanks for sharing mate!

Personally, when I get a new car, I expect that I won't have problems with it, at least for the first year (with normal driving and responsibility for your car)

Buckling of the alloys is a problem in my opinion. It is a quality issue problem that Ford should be aware of.

Anyway, I just hope that everybody has less problems, of course :)

• Like 1

1. Rattles coming from the stereo and somewhere in the back.

2. Handbreak leather gator, this has ripped 3 times, replaced twice and Ford will not replace it again.

3. Steering rack, replaced once last year but now it is doing it again (need to to back to Ford)

4. At idle engine has a slight judder (needs to go into ford to get fixed, think it may be the coil pack)

I'm sure there is something else but I am really considering getting rid of mine, sick to the back teeth of it

1. Rattles coming from the stereo and somewhere in the back.

2. Handbreak leather gator, this has ripped 3 times, replaced twice and Ford will not replace it again.

3. Steering rack, replaced once last year but now it is doing it again (need to to back to Ford)

4. At idle engine has a slight judder (needs to go into ford to get fixed, think it may be the coil pack)

I'm sure there is something else but I am really considering getting rid of mine, sick to the back teeth of it

I get your point...to bad you had so many problems...

Haha I needed the opportunity to let out my frustration with the car!

Haha I needed the opportunity to let out my frustration with the car!

What can I say, I am glad that you did :D Let's put it also the other way, what do you like about the car?

Anyway...I don't know if I should call it bad luck or just real problems...but let's see...maybe other will also share their experiences.

I have to admit that I was also disappointed with several times with BMW (I've owned 2) but none of the two were new, so I wouldn't be amazed if... ;)

What can I say, I am glad that you did :D Let's put it also the other way, what do you like about the car?

Anyway...I don't know if I should call it bad luck or just real problems...but let's see...maybe other will also share their experiences.

I have to admit that I was also disappointed with several times with BMW (I've owned 2) but none of the two were new, so I wouldn't be amazed if... ;)

I like the handling and the way it looks haha, the the quality of parts and trim isn't too cracking but otherwise I'd be happy lol

I like the handling and the way it looks haha, the the quality of parts and trim isn't too cracking but otherwise I'd be happy lol

Well...at least you like something :D

Boot opening all by itself and drivers door handle jamming in the open position.

S.

Boot opening all by itself and drivers door handle jamming in the open position.

S.

Boot opening by itself...that's really annoying I guess...

As for the door handle jamming, I had the same issue on my E46, but at least that one was made in 2000. ;)

A few very minor problems with mine...

1. Buzzing noise from the stereo. Doesn't do this all the time and I'm not sure what causes it. Not a big deal as I usually have the volume up high. Possibly bluetooth interference? If it is bluetooth then it's something I don't mind putting up with (the convenience of bonding my mobile phone to the car far outweighs the buzzing noise).

2. The ends of the rubber trim around the door aren't stuck down properly - I need to get me some Superglue!

3. I've got the 1.4 Auto. Going through first gear sounds a bit odd (sort of whizzes). Possibly a "feature" of the engine?

4. Cruise control is a bit clunky on the motorway when the transmission drops to third.

I'm struggling to think of anything else wrong with it!

A few very minor problems with mine...

1. Buzzing noise from the stereo. Doesn't do this all the time and I'm not sure what causes it. Not a big deal as I usually have the volume up high. Possibly Bluetooth interference? If it is Bluetooth then it's something I don't mind putting up with (the convenience of bonding my mobile phone to the car far outweighs the buzzing noise).

2. The ends of the rubber trim around the door aren't stuck down properly - I need to get me some Superglue!

3. I've got the 1.4 Auto. Going through first gear sounds a bit odd (sort of whizzes). Possibly a "feature" of the engine?

4. Cruise control is a bit clunky on the motorway when the transmission drops to third.

I'm struggling to think of anything else wrong with it!

How old is your car and do you know where it was made?

How old is your car and do you know where it was made?

Registered in late December 2010 (so it's almost a 2011 car!). No idea where it was made, sorry.

Both of mine came off - replaced under warranty and is a known fault (TSB admits the factory weren't using enough adhesive)

1. Creaking & Cracking from doors, int light, boot E.CT

2. Door trim falling off passenger side

3. Drivers side window slow half way sometimes stops and goes back down (Ahhh)

4. Window wipers are streakyish even when replaced

5. Plastics feel cheap and tend to break if not handled carefully

Things break and they get fixed under warranty. Otherwise its fine. I have a bigger list of things that i like.

1. A2DP - Audio over bluetooth

2. Sony head-unit

3. Air Con is amazing

4. Steering is very responsive

5. Auto Headlights and wipers are great

5. Key-less Start and Key-less entry and power-fold mirrors are smart as ****

• Like 2

TSB admits the factory weren't using enough adhesive

That's funny...

1. Creaking & Cracking from doors, int light, boot E.CT

2. Door trim falling off passenger side

3. Drivers side window slow half way sometimes stops and goes back down (Ahhh)

4. Window wipers are streakyish even when replaced

5. Plastics feel cheap and tend to break if not handled carefully

Things break and they get fixed under warranty. Otherwise its fine. I have a bigger list of things that i like.

1. A2DP - Audio over Bluetooth

2. Sony head-unit

3. Air Con is amazing

4. Steering is very responsive

5. Auto Headlights and wipers are great

5. Key-less Start and Key-less entry and power-fold mirrors are smart as ****

Balanced list :)

Anyway, all cars have pros and cons...

By the way, what do you mean by AC is amazing...isn't it same as other AC systems? ;)

Well its the climate control version so im not sure but its better than my old MK5 Golf and some other cars ive driven.

And the old mk6 fiesta

1. Second gear 'popping out'

2. Water leak in boot and rear footwells

3. Cooling fan failure after 30,000 miles

4. Knocking noise from steering on full lock at low speeds

5. Buckled alloy wheels

This is my top 5, there are a few other smaller problems (eg rattles etc) which I have also had with my car.

5. Buckled alloy wheels

This is my top 5, there are a few other smaller problems (eg rattles etc) which I have also had with my car.

How do you mean Second Gear popping out? While its already in gear?

As for the knocking noise im adding that to my list but its more of a squeak. Im told they all have it.. :unsure:

Well its the climate control version so im not sure but its better than my old MK5 Golf and some other cars ive driven.

And the old mk6 fiesta

Comparing with the Mk5 Golf, are you more satisfied with the Mk7 Fiesta?

5. Buckled alloy wheels

Water leak in boot and rear footwells, that sounds really strange, especially rear footwells.

Overall, are you still happy with it? :D

Yeh the Fiesta is just as good as my cousins new 520d - Air Con Wise that is.

Hummm leak in rear footwell is very unusual and must smell. Ewwwww

Yeh the Fiesta is just as good as my cousins new 520d - Air Con Wise that is.

Hummm leak in rear footwell is very unusual and must smell. Ewwwww

What about compared to the Mk5 Golf? not AC wise...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club