Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Slight Clonking Feel Through Steering Wheel

fiesta paul

HELP..... I HAVE THIS SLIGHT CLONKING I CAN FEEL THROUGH THE STEERING WHEEL ON MY FIESTA 2009 TITANIUM ITS ONLY JUST STARTED AND IF YOU WOBBLE THE STEERING WHEEL LEFT TO RIGHT IT MAKES A NOISE AND THE SAME FEELING ASWELL DUE TO TAKE IT TO FORD BUT IS IT SERIOUS ?? IS THE STEERING RACK HAD IT ?? ONLY BOUGHT IT FROM FORDS 4WEEKS AGO IT FEELS FINE WHEN DRIVING ALONG,YOU CAN NOTICE IT MORE WHEN REVERSING AND TURNING I THINK ANY IDEAS PEOPLE THANKS.....

Thats exactly what mine had (and has started again with), it was the steering rack which ford replaced under warranty, they told me it 'should' be safe to drive. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Thats exactly what mine had (and has started again with), it was the steering rack which ford replaced under warranty, they told me it 'should' be safe to drive. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

OH NO I REALLY HOPE THEY REPLACE IT THEN AS I SAY ONLY BOUGHT IT OFF THEM 4WEEKS AGO IT SOUNDS A BIG EXPENSIVE JOB AND A COMMON FAULT IS IT DO YOU KNOW I CAN SEE THEM AVOIDING REPAIRING THIS !!!!

Well the garage should have given you a warrenty with it, I dont know if the 2nd year warrenty covers it or not though but as I had mine done last year it should have tht warrenty left.

Hi,

I had the same problem with my car and took it back to ford who said it was a known problem and they have had a lot in recently. Its just a lack of grease I think in the steering column and is an easy fix for them. Had mine fixed for a few weeks now and the problem has not come back. Its really nothing to worry about.

Hi,

I had the same problem with my car and took it back to ford who said it was a known problem and they have had a lot in recently. Its just a lack of grease I think in the steering column and is an easy fix for them. Had mine fixed for a few weeks now and the problem has not come back. Its really nothing to worry about.

hi yes you was right the grease in the steering collum was all it was glad it wasn't the steering rack which someone else told me on earlier messages thx....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club