Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some Seriously Stupid Questions

TCGS

Ok. Firstly a disclaimer. I'm new here and I'm new to Ford in general. I learned to drive in a Focus 7 years ago but can't remember how to 'use' it as such.

I bought a 2007 Fiesta Silver on Friday. It didn't come with a manual so I'm stuck at some seriously stupid point.

So I'm just going to fire away.

Are you ready?

How do I turn the lights on?

Now I have located the knob to the right of the steering wheel. I turned it and I get parking lights. So I pulled it out one notch and got some slightly better but still useless light (parking lights + lights on the front bumper) and if I pull it out again I get what I assume to be the fog lights coming on.

So if I turn it again to the right, then I get what I assume to be main beam, which is too bright.

Basically I want "dipped headlights" which are good for driving at night. I don't want parking lights or uber parking lights cause I don't think they will be good enough on say a country road at night.

Now you might say that I could use main beam at night on a country road, but what if someone is on coming? There has to be dipped headlights but I can't work out how to get them on lol.

Secondly, anyone know where I can get a manual from and a cigarette lighter and how much these should cost roughly.

The radio says "aux" on it but I can't find the jack for it. Anybody know where it is?

The radio also has a phone symbol on it and I saw bluetooth mentioned somewhere in the menu. Does this mean I can hook up my phone to the system and use it as hands free or something?

Thanks for your help and sorry for the stupid questions!

Just because you have the aux button doesn't mean the socket is there - luckily you can but it from Ford for around £25 and then you will have aux input :)

The light switch should be (IIRC) Rotating from left to right: Off -> Sidelights -> Dipped beam. And Fog lights when you pull it out (Fogs need at least sidelights on) Main beam is on the indicator stalk to the left of the steering wheel, pull back towards you til it clicks on.

For the manual, maybe try eBay, or see how much Ford charge. If you use eBay make sure you get the right one for your car model/year. I had a quick look around some ford parts websites but they didn't seem to sell the Fiesta ones.

Ok if you have the bluetooth on the console here's how to do it;

Make sure bluetooth is switched on on your phone

• Go through your phones bluetooth menu, make sure your phone is shown as "visible", not "hidden"

• Know your phones bluetooth individual name so you know that it is your phone when you activate it with your stereo, ie "Dave", or "K800i" etc...

• Then you need to make sure that you have space left on your stereo to accept your phone. Simply, this means that your stereo probably has, for example, six spaces/phones it can store at once on its memory. If people have used your stereo before you, it stands a chance that the memory is full. Therefore, you need to "debond" the existing phones from the stereos memory.

To do this, depending on the make of your stereo, you need to play around with the phone menu. Find out how to debond and get rid of existing stored phones.

• Whilst going through the menu, make sure in your settings, bluetooth is switched on/activated, and all other settings are switched on and correct in order for you to use bluetooth.

• Then, put the stereo back to its "desktop" as it were, ie, the normal screen.

• Get your phone, go to bluetooth menu, scan for "new devices", this should hopefully now find something like "Ford Audio".

• Now, if it asks you for a four digit pin code, which will show up on your stereo

Put it in your phone and VOILA!

Hey thanks for your replies. I got the lights working now, I thought they would not be good enough but they are just fine so thanks :-)

I've not tried the bluetooth yet, when I activate the bluetooth can I use my radio as a hands free kit (ie everything comes over the car Speakers?)

I got the car checked out by a mechanic and he said it's all good so I'm really happy with my purchase (£3100, 07, 23k on the clock from a trade appears to be a fantastic price according to my mechanic and the dealership who called me asking if I still needed a car) :-)

Does anybody know what locking nut size I should buy?

I've not tried the bluetooth yet, when I activate the bluetooth can I use my radio as a hands free kit (ie everything comes over the car speakers?)

Yes, if your phone is compatible. You can check here http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/

your locking wheel nut adapter should be with your spare wheel or jack,if not get back to the garage you got the car from and ask them for it as not all adapters are the same.

• 4 months later...

I am sorry if you will call this necro-posting, but I thought it better to revive an old thread than to start another one with my ridiculous questions.

I've now had the car a few months and I'm still very very happy about it.

You will be happy to know I worked out the headlights :-p

I was interested now in the AUX & bluetooth.

Firstly. My phone is not supported - does this mean there is NO way I can do it (ie is there an app that you know of that could do the job for me?)

Secondly, I've searched high and low and there is no AUX port. How would I install one? Obviously I need to buy some sort of kit from FORD / eBay. After I have acquired such a kit would I be correct in assuming I am to remove the radio and plug it in the back of it, then drill a hole* and install the port?

*I don't fancy drilling holes in the car, I would probably just have the wire coming loose into the glove box and chuck a cheap MP3 player in there with it...

In summary. My phone is not supported, can I make it be?

Would I have to remove the radio to install AUX port?

Thank you kind people for putting up with my continued stupidity

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club