Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta ignition keys

davethescoot

I picked up my new fiesta Zetec 1.25 on 1st December. (great little car, wife loves it ) :angry:

When handed the keys, I noticed there was no 'number tag' with them.I asked the salesman about it and he said, 'Ford don't number keys anymore'.

I put it to him that, in the unlikely event of me and my wife losing our keys (we share use of the car)

what do I say to the dealer when I phone him up and ask for a new key?

His answer was, 'you would have to have the locks changed', so I advise you to have a spare cut (@ £30) in case!

Now, I've already had one rant on this forum, regarding the ridiculous idea of not having a spare wheel supplied from new with this car, (has anyone seen the STUPID pump and foam they give you to try and mend a puncture?) Now I find I cant even go into a dealer and quote a key number, (after proving vehicle ownership ) and just buy a spare over the counter !!

Is Ford taking the p**s out of its customers? does this kind of thing bother anyone else?

or is it just ME?......let me know guys will you please, if its My fault I'll just sod off and not bother posting again !!

regards

Dave, (frustrated fiesta owner !!!)

I picked up my new fiesta Zetec 1.25 on 1st December. (great little car, wife loves it ) :angry:

When handed the keys, I noticed there was no 'number tag' with them.I asked the salesman about it and he said, 'Ford don't number keys anymore'.

I put it to him that, in the unlikely event of me and my wife losing our keys (we share use of the car)

what do I say to the dealer when I phone him up and ask for a new key?

His answer was, 'you would have to have the locks changed', so I advise you to have a spare cut (@ £30) in case!

Now, I've already had one rant on this forum, regarding the ridiculous idea of not having a spare wheel supplied from new with this car, (has anyone seen the STUPID pump and foam they give you to try and mend a puncture?) Now I find I cant even go into a dealer and quote a key number, (after proving vehicle ownership ) and just buy a spare over the counter !!

Is Ford taking the p**s out of its customers? does this kind of thing bother anyone else?

or is it just ME?......let me know guys will you please, if its My fault I'll just sod off and not bother posting again !!

regards

Dave, (frustrated fiesta owner !!!)

Hi i picked mine up a week ago and there was a tag on the keys and the salesman was very specific when he said "don't loose that because thats your key code"

Also when you ordered the car you should of had the option of no spare(as std) or steel wheel(which was free)

Hi i picked mine up a week ago and there was a tag on the keys and the salesman was very specific when he said "don't loose that because thats your key code"

Also when you ordered the car you should of had the option of no spare(as std) or steel wheel(which was free)

Hi Dave,

I've just ordered my new Fiesta and you can specify a spare wheel FOC because I don't rate that foam--all it does is destroy your tyres--far better to change the wheel in my opinion.

Mind you, it won't stop me carrying a spare can of foam in the boot just in case.......you never know when you might need it do you?

Hi Dave,

I've just ordered my new Fiesta and you can specify a spare wheel FOC because I don't rate that foam--all it does is destroy your tyres--far better to change the wheel in my opinion.

Mind you, it won't stop me carrying a spare can of foam in the boot just in case.......you never know when you might need it do you?

Hi, I got my spare wheel, but was charged for the tyre and jack ! (Bristol Street Motors Birmingham..........(I'd avoid them if I were you !!)

The 'salesman' is 'looking into' my key code question, and regarding the foam..................make sure you read the instructions, and have a practice putting it, (and the tyre pump) together before you get a puncture on a cold, dark, winter night, ...............give me a 'good old spare' any day !!

Dave :angry:

(shame about the rant 'cos its a !Removed! great little car !)

Hi all,

I picked my fiesta titanium up 2-3 months ago. With a spare wheel. When driving i can some times hear a ratteling in the boot, when looked the screw thing that holds the wheel down dose'nt fit. I called back into ford stanford hill north london to be told that wheel is not the right one. They said they will order me the right one. This is now six weeks later and i'm still waiting......

ps.... My car is a 5 door in hot magenta, keyless start, parking distance kit f & b. And bluetooth & usb. I LOVE IT...

Hi all,

I picked my fiesta titanium up 2-3 months ago. With a spare wheel. When driving i can some times hear a ratteling in the boot, when looked the screw thing that holds the wheel down dose'nt fit. I called back into ford stanford hill north london to be told that wheel is not the right one. They said they will order me the right one. This is now six weeks later and i'm still waiting......

ps.... My car is a 5 door in hot magenta, keyless start, parking distance kit f & b. And bluetooth & usb. I LOVE IT...

What engine is in yours?

Did you pay extra for keyless or is standard because I'm confused on this---most of the reviews I've read say that it's standard on the titanium but the brochure says it's extra?

The one I've just ordered is a 1.6 120 bhp 3 door titanium complete with x pack; leather; upgraded alloys; full body kit; bluetooth; parking sensors; spare wheel----in sexy hot hot magenta and I can't wait!!!

What engine is in yours?

Did you pay extra for keyless or is standard because I'm confused on this---most of the reviews I've read say that it's standard on the titanium but the brochure says it's extra?

The one I've just ordered is a 1.6 120 bhp 3 door titanium complete with x pack; leather; upgraded alloys; full body kit; bluetooth; parking sensors; spare wheel----in sexy hot hot magenta and I can't wait!!!

yes i had to pay extra for keyless system (tech pack) £400. worth every penny. I dont have to take the keys out of my pocket for opening, closing & driving...

yes i had to pay extra for keyless system (tech pack) £400. worth every penny. I dont have to take the keys out of my pocket for opening, closing & driving...

Just because I'm curious is yours a 1600 or a 1400?

I personally wasn't bothered about keyless entry as I have read horror stories on other forums about this but I would have had it if it had been standard! ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club