Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Convers+

GelpMan

Is it posible to change the original instrument panel (speedometer thingy) to convers+? Would be a nice uppgrade to my 2007 S-Max.

Yes it's been done before. Straight swap apparently.

Just to add - I tried this yesterday with a Convers+ panel from a Mondeo and it does indeed just plug in & work. The only caveat is that you have to get the mileage corrected at a Ford dealer.

• 1 month later...

Just to add - I tried this yesterday with a Convers+ panel from a Mondeo and it does indeed just plug in & work. The only caveat is that you have to get the mileage corrected at a Ford dealer.

Hello.

I bought one of these Convers+ panel. But now how to take out the old panel? Is it easy to do or is it better for Ford to do it?

Thanks for your help! :D

Very easy - lever down the lower plastic fasica panel above the steering column and you will expose two torx screws. Undo these, then use a knife or thin flatblade screwdriver and lever out the cluster from the top (behind there is a clip which you need to lever down - then the cluster will slide out).

Unplug the wiring loom (1 plug) - push into new cluster then slide that back in - pop the screws back and you're done. 5 min job.

Very easy - lever down the lower plastic fasica panel above the steering column and you will expose two torx screws. Undo these, then use a knife or thin flatblade screwdriver and lever out the cluster from the top (behind there is a clip which you need to lever down - then the cluster will slide out).

Unplug the wiring loom (1 plug) - push into new cluster then slide that back in - pop the screws back and you're done. 5 min job.

Thanks for replying!

I still haven't received the panel yet but as soon as I have it, I will give it a try. :)

Regarding mileage, there is no other chance then to correct it at Ford, right?

Just tried to lever down the lower fascia but it didn't move... :(

Is there any special trick? You just push it down or you push it towards you?

Thanks again!

Assuming you're referring to the plastic fascia below the cluster (above the steering column) then pull it firmly toward you, it will bend in the middle (don't worry about that it's quite flexible).

• 1 month later...

i'm also planning on doing this upgrade to me 2006 s-max 2.5T

i know the unit is different on the petrol and diesel models, but is the petrol version common across the range? also, is there a part number for the the convers+?

You just need to ensure it's got the same scales - i.e. 8000 RPM and 160MPH.

cool, thanks.

dont suppose anyone has the part number for the mph petrol version? only part number i found was the KPH one :\

howdy guys....

maybe you guys could answer a question for me....

is there a usb port somewhere on the convers+ unit ????, as i have the unit in my mondeo but no usb port in the glove box...

Nope. To implement the USB port you need to upgrade the bluetooth module in the car to the later version & buy the additional wiring looms.

The USB wires to the bluetooth module, which in turn wires to the radio headunit.

You also need a radio with a sufficient firmware version to support the new bluetooth module & USB connection.

thanks for the advice amigos;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Assuming you're referring to the plastic fascia below the cluster (above the steering column) then pull it firmly toward you, it will bend in the middle (don't worry about that it's quite flexible).

does this actually come out? i've been trying this for over an hour now and it wont move, the sides seem to push below the lip but it wont come forward at all. it looks like the plastic tab that pushes into the bottom right hole in the instruments is starting to stress due to the movement i've forcing it into.

i dont want to break it, but i cant see this is a 5 minute job unless i'm missing something obvious (which is likely)

You don't need to take it out - you just bend it sufficiently to obtain access to the screws.

You don't need to take it out - you just bend it sufficiently to obtain access to the screws.

Ah, I see. Surely it must come out though?

They bloke that's going to correct the mileage says he wants to fit it as he takes settings from the old cluster, guess I'll just leave it till then....if I can remain patient enough!

Okay, for some reason it's a maration job to take it out properly, I miss my BMW a bit ;)

I'll go for the bending method I guess.

Anyone here actually bothered to get their mileage fixed afterward? Ford and another workshop both tell me this can only be done on new units.

I'll have to try one of them mobile services.

Anyone had any grief since fitnent? service warnings or anything like that?

Someone said the immobiliser code is in the dash, sounds like scaremongering though.

Apart from the mileage (I have no idea if the mobile guys can correct that or not - I was also told only new units could have the mileage reprogrammed), you may need your GEM or BCM modules reprogrammed if you have any electrical wierdness - not always the case, but you might have the lights on the dash not coming on when you turn on the headlights.

This just needs an IDS session to update your car's settings so that it works with the advanced cluster.

If your car has had any software updates in the past (or depending on manufacture date) it may not need this anyway.

What's an IDS session?

I fitted it today, I see what you mean now, I could do another one in about 10 mins.

The dials backlight doesn't come on with the lights. My s-max is a 56 plate so it's before the convers came out.

Everything else seems fine.

The mileage was only 20 on the clock(that's 000020)

So perhaps it can be programmed by ford.

I

Hmm, not going well, the BCM doesn't seem to want to update, tried with new and old cluster in.

All fine apart from the damn dial back lights :/

For clarification, the facts about mileage reprogramming are:

Fords official software will only update a cluster that has less than 100 miles on the clock by design.

Mobile mileage correction companies that use 3rd party software are not restricted in such a way.

IDS session = plugging your car into your Ford Dealer's diagnostics system to update the car settings so that it's set to operate with a convers+ dashboard & correct the dashboard lights.

Has yours been done now? Let me know when you get it sorted as I have to do the same on mine at some point.