#1 fishpond 47

fishpond 47

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 363 posts
  • Ford Model: mk3 mondeo x2 + a ka

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:21 PM

Hi Guys

I'm doing a cam belt on a focus (petrol engine) this weekend, has anybody got any tips? where are the timing marks?

yes I am a mechanic so have a good idea of whats involved, just a bit concerned about the timing marks.

Thanks in advanced.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,870 posts
  • Name: Stefan
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:48 PM

Hi Guys

I'm doing a cam belt on a focus (petrol engine) this weekend, has anybody got any tips? where are the timing marks?

yes I am a mechanic so have a good idea of whats involved, just a bit concerned about the timing marks.

Thanks in advanced.

you will need a locking kit, the days of timing marks are gone?

#3 Schuey

Schuey

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Name: Dominic
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3
  • Year: 2003

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:40 PM

I have a 2000 W Focus 2.0 16V Petrol, and I am currently doing the cam belt, tensioner, idler, aux belt, coolant, thermostat, oil change and a leaking air con from the green O rings that are on the front of the unit. YYou can buy the green I=O rings from Halfiords for 3.29 a pack, though you have to buy two packs as the size you want only has one O ring in each pack, but it sorts the problem of the leak and at a good deal cheaper than a garage.

I bought an engine locking kit made by Laser, on Ebay new and delivered for 12, local stockists want 20.

It;s not a hard job, quite enjoyable and you can take your time, knowing that you are doing the work and to a decent standard.

Good luck with yours, it isn't too bad,

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users