Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Judder

Flic

Hi there guys n gals,

Has anyone experienced a problem with their engines juddering when idle? Since my last service (it's second year one) I've noticed it, nothing massive but it's still annoying! Also when driving, acceleration just doesn't feel as 'smooth', might be my paranoia but I'm usually spot on with my Fiesta's illness diagnosis :lol:

Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? I plan on taking it back to Ford, but I'd like to go with an idea of what the issue is so I don't get sent away without it being sorted. I imagine they'd try to pull a fast one and say there's nothing wrong with it.

Please be nothing expensive!!

Cheers!

I had the same problem recently, for me it developed over a few months, progressively getting worse. With a bit of investigation I found the spark plugs were set with inconsistent and large gaps. I took them all out, set to to a 1mm gap, and gave a quick clean and this seems to have solved most of the problem. The car still judders occasionally but it had got to a point of the juddering being constant at idle. So luckily I think I've hit the nail on the head, however I believe it can be caused by numerous things, such as; Air sensors, Fuel sensors, fuel pump, cracks/gaps in the air intake, basically anything that can affect the air:fuel ratio in the engine, and how it's burnt.

I'd suggest checking your spark plugs, and crossing your fingers, that worked for me. Good luck!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club