Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk 2 focus drive belt tension

machinerysteve

Hi just wondered if anyone out there knows the correct procedure for changing the air con and alternator drive belts on a 1.6 zetec mk 2 focus, there are no signs of any adjustment methods etc,

regards, Steve.

Hi just wondered if anyone out there knows the correct procedure for changing the air con and alternator drive belts on a 1.6 zetec mk 2 focus, there are no signs of any adjustment methods etc,

regards, Steve.

I should think it's the same as the Mk1 Focus.

The tensioner is a self adjust tensioner.

Put a spanner around the small tensioner pulley ( not the top idler pulley ) pull back release belt,

fit new belt pull back again slip over tensioner job done.

Some times it's better to put the belt over the tensioner and slip it over the crankshaft pulley when pulling the tensioner back.

Hope this helps.

I should think it's the same as the Mk1 Focus.

The tensioner is a self adjust tensioner.

Put a spanner around the small tensioner pulley ( not the top idler pulley ) pull back release belt,

fit new belt pull back again slip over tensioner job done.

Some times it's better to put the belt over the tensioner and slip it over the crankshaft pulley when pulling the tensioner back.

Hope this helps.

Hi thanks but its not the same as the mk1, there is no movable idler all the pulleys are fixed solid,

no adjustment, I have never seen a set up like this just seems a bit strange, regards, Steve.

regards, Steve.

hi if its anything like the td models from underneathof the car there should be an adjuster on a 10mm on mine it was located just to the right of the crankshaft pulley and it is a bit awkward to get to, and it does depend what engine you have in it for its year.

• 1 month later...
Hi thanks but its not the same as the mk1, there is no movable idler all the pulleys are fixed solid,

no adjustment, I have never seen a set up like this just seems a bit strange, regards, Steve.

Your right Steve. Mine has developed a metallic "chirp" from cold with all the electric goodies on. I changed an alternator because of it.

Anyway, they now use stretch belts on alternator and air con drives. The kit from Ford including 2 belts and the tools to fit is 50 odd quid plus vat :shock:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club