• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: 7.5 Titanium 5 Dr,1.0 80PS Race Red
  • Year: 2013

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:48 PM

Hi

This query comes on the back of the thread relating to turning off ESP on the Fiesta.

Does the Fiesta Mk7 have a 'fitted as standard' deactivation switch for the front passengers airbag?

The reason I am asking is because my 2008 Corsa D has this feature as standard and I'm sure that most other late models also have this feature?

Having said that, when I was read through the ESP thread from the German Fiesta forum (further than page five), I'm sure that there was a Ford part number mentioned for a deactivation switch that you could buy and fit to the existing wiring that is already in the car?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 calmcdermott

calmcdermott

Area Rep: Northeast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Name: Callum
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta ST500
  • Year: 2008

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:25 AM

Hi

This query comes on the back of the thread relating to turning off ESP on the Fiesta.

Does the Fiesta Mk7 have a 'fitted as standard' deactivation switch for the front passengers airbag?

The reason I am asking is because my 2008 Corsa D has this feature as standard and I'm sure that most other late models also have this feature?

Having said that, when I was read through the ESP thread from the German Fiesta forum (further than page five), I'm sure that there was a Ford part number mentioned for a deactivation switch that you could buy and fit to the existing wiring that is already in the car?

Unfortunaly not as standard, I was looking for it last summer when i was taking my friend's baby son home. Looked in the manual and looked to be an optional extra but I Never saw an option for it hmm....

#3 DumboBattyhead

DumboBattyhead

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Name: paul
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.6 TDCI
  • Year: 2010

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:02 AM

I found this info

I had one fitted - cost 120. Couldn't get it done until after delivery as they had to order the parts. You get the switch (turned with a key) in the glove compartment, and a warning light replacing the card slot below the radio.

in this thread
http://www.fordowner...ssenger-airbag/

It seems to tie up with my 2010 Zetec which has a blank switch place in the glovebox area (& we've already discussed the indicator bit ;) )

I think Ford don't fit a PAD switch as standard because they recommend rugrats go in the back anyway - seems like a cop out to me but it does also make sense.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users