Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noise When On Un-Even Road Services/corners

K8TB

Hi All,

Has anyone elese had problems with their focus making a tap tap noise when going on uneven road surfaces or cambers on corners?

Sounds similar to the noise of the ABS test and afterwards if you gently tap the brake pedal it makes a springy noise which isn't there normally.

Any ideas?

Its in at the garage today so fingers crossed they have fixed it this time rounds :S

FYI its a 2010 focus estate, zetec petrol 1.6

Cheers

Katie

Hi All,

Has anyone elese had problems with their focus making a tap tap noise when going on uneven road surfaces or cambers on corners?

Sounds similar to the noise of the ABS test and afterwards if you gently tap the brake pedal it makes a springy noise which isn't there normally.

Any ideas?

Its in at the garage today so fingers crossed they have fixed it this time rounds :S

FYI its a 2010 focus estate, zetec petrol 1.6

Cheers

Katie

Hello,

It might be the Z-rods on the front axle - if especially produces a creaking noise on the corners.

Also, have your struts checked. I had to renew the rear ones at 55.000 kms. They may leak oil or the upper mount bearings might have worn out.

I think you are describing the sound of the ESP system kicking in. This is perfectly normal. Shows it is working.

It applies the inside front brake on a corner (the tap noise) and releases it (the spring noise). When you apply the brakes it is overridden and stops.

The garage should know this. Make sure they don't tuck you up for an unecessary bill.

As it's a brand new car thankfully the dealership is looking into everything for me had the master technician out in it with me and it's definitely linked to the abs as noise doesn't happen when the three fuses linked to that are out!

The dealership have hit a brick wall so am now waiting for a date to get a proper ford engineer out on it, although have been told it definitely shouldn't be happening

A 2 day garage trip is now over a week

Thanks for your thoughts though will keep you posted incase any1else gets this issue

Politely ask the dealership to read my post!

Seems they do not understand the cars they sell.

I do not think there is anything wrong. Our 59 Focus does when ESP is activated. Turn it off on the menu system and it doesn't do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Politely ask the dealership to read my post!

Seems they do not understand the cars they sell.

I do not think there is anything wrong. Our 59 Focus does when ESP is activated. Turn it off on the menu system and it doesn't do it.

Had the ford engineer out who also said its a fault, having had a valve changed and what i am told the "brains" of the ABS as recommended by the ford engineer still not fixed, its been going on some time and have been repeatedly let down by the dealer.

They are taking it off of my hands due to another problem bring on 2 weeks when my MK3 Focus Estate arrives :D

Thanks for your help

Katie

Well having read this all be it short thread, which I see as being short on any input from the garage concerned, other than waffle.

So taking into consideration past input in regard to other car related issue raise on this forum. I have to say I would still put my faith in what Nigel S has said

But all is well, as the OP appears to have gone into a dealership with a none problem, and they have manage to sell them a new car :rolleyes: Of course I could be totally wrong in my observation.

However it eminds me of a friend of mine, who many years ago like myself had his own business. I used to run cash bought, second hand load luggers. Whereas he took the, I'm running a successful business approach, and I want my customers and peeps down the Cash and Carry to be aware of the fact.

He used to regularly take his year old bought "new on the drip" Volvo estates into the dealers for a service, and come out with a new one. They would spin him a tale, that what with the cost of this and the cost of that, it would cost him X amount of pounds. Whereas if he agreed to extend his hire purchase plan by another year, and increased his monthly payments by another £20. He could drive out of the dealership with a brand new latest edition Volvo estate.

Eventually he came to me and said, the banks bouncing my cheques what should I do? I said do what I've been telling you to do for a couple of years now, cut your out goings, especially the expensive Volvo.

Next time he showed up around mine, he managed to ring the door bell without having to get out of his motor. It was a tiny Suzuki Van, which I immediately christened the "Tonka Toy"

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club