eTiMaGo

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: Thomas
  • Ford Model: not owner yet!
  • Year: 2010

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

Hi everyone!

Spent a lot of time on Google looking for a knowledgeable Ford Focus forum/hangout, and it seems you guys are the best :D

Anyway I'm a French guy living for many years in Thailand, car enthusiast and... Focus-curious :D

I almost got one as my first car, a few years back, but as is common here for some reason, top-spec cars are only available with automatic transmissions... and the top of the line model was the regular petrol 2.0 version, nothing amazing. A customer of mine had the car and took me for a drive, I really liked it, but I really have a strong dislike of the traditional automatic gearboxes, so I went ahead and bought a manual Toyota Yaris, which I proceeded to modify pretty extensively to make it a little less bland and a lot more fun to drive (I've attached a picture as proof!). But, as I've now almost finished paying it off, I can't help but look back at the Focus, which is ow available in the 2.0 TDCi version with the 6-speed DSG... No RS/ST here unfortunately (and importing one is out of the question, hefty hefty taxes...), so this oil burner is actually the best bang for the buck for a new car, really!

So if all goes to plan early next year I will own one :D I am not sure if the 2011 models will be available by then, but I kinda prefer the looks of the current cars... And the Yaris will go from daily driver to stripped out track car, there is still a lot I want to do to it!

So, long story short, I hope to absorb as much information as possible from you fine ladies and gentlemen!

Attached Thumbnails

• Yaris-May-09-001.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,232 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:38 PM

Hi everyone!

Spent a lot of time on Google looking for a knowledgeable Ford Focus forum/hangout, and it seems you guys are the best :D

Anyway I'm a French guy living for many years in Thailand, car enthusiast and... Focus-curious :D

I almost got one as my first car, a few years back, but as is common here for some reason, top-spec cars are only available with automatic transmissions... and the top of the line model was the regular petrol 2.0 version, nothing amazing. A customer of mine had the car and took me for a drive, I really liked it, but I really have a strong dislike of the traditional automatic gearboxes, so I went ahead and bought a manual Toyota Yaris, which I proceeded to modify pretty extensively to make it a little less bland and a lot more fun to drive (I've attached a picture as proof!). But, as I've now almost finished paying it off, I can't help but look back at the Focus, which is ow available in the 2.0 TDCi version with the 6-speed DSG... No RS/ST here unfortunately (and importing one is out of the question, hefty hefty taxes...), so this oil burner is actually the best bang for the buck for a new car, really!

So if all goes to plan early next year I will own one :D I am not sure if the 2011 models will be available by then, but I kinda prefer the looks of the current cars... And the Yaris will go from daily driver to stripped out track car, there is still a lot I want to do to it!

So, long story short, I hope to absorb as much information as possible from you fine ladies and gentlemen!

Hi welcome :)

#3 Mandyb

Mandyb

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Ford Model: ford ka

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:58 PM

hiya welcome to ford owners club cars looking good :) x

#4 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto
  • Year: 2011

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

Welcome to FOC Thomas

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users