Do Not Sell My Personal Information

whisling sound

leigh87

Hi i was woundering if anyone could help i have a feista zetec mk6 i am happy with my car but there is one slight problem and it happens to my mates feista. when the car is doing more then 80 mph where the wind is hitting its making a whisling sound like a morse code when it happen to my mate he said it sounds like an alarm but its def the wind i was woundering if this is a aerodynmics or sum sort. thanks leigh

• 1 month later...
Could be the start of a wheel bearing packing in

I doubt it tbh, wheel bearings tend to tap or knock when they start going (more so under steering!).

As Jack sed sounds more like a seal.

• 4 weeks later...

leight87, any update on your problem ?

Im getting this problem on my new fiesta too, its going in to be "stripped down" for them to sort it!!

Hi i was woundering if anyone could help i have a feista zetec mk6 i am happy with my car but there is one slight problem and it happens to my mates feista. when the car is doing more then 80 mph where the wind is hitting its making a whisling sound like a morse code when it happen to my mate he said it sounds like an alarm but its def the wind i was woundering if this is a aerodynmics or sum sort. thanks leigh

Simple answer is, the speed limits 70mph. Dont drive at 80 and you'll never hear the noise!

Simple answer is, the speed limits 70mph. Dont drive at 80 and you'll never hear the noise!

You cant tell me you never drive above 70?

Without sounding nasty you must take forever to get anywhere. I agree with not going 85+ but 80 in my opinion is fine in the right conditions.

I'd rather take a bit longer to get somewhere in this world than arrive 50 years early in the next.

i agree as a driving instructor promoting safe driving for life,i cannot condone such speeds.lol i can get there as quick as the next man , if not quicker by forward planning , simple observation techniques oh and by being skilled ha ! speed my backside :lol:

used to get a simmerler nosie at 50 then tonicerd slite crack on windscreen seal fixed that then happy motoring