Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streaaky Windscreen

Ben G

Hi,

This is my first post in this forum and I have to confess I'm not a massive source of knowledge for cars so am hoping someone can help.

Like everyone at the moment, my windscreen is getting extremely cold at the moment and frosing up overnight. When I turn my heated windscreen on it appears to clear certain parts of the screen. It isn't as simple as the left hand side being cleared and the right hand side not (or vise versa). It is clearing certain parts only, so that it looks vertically streaky. The streaks are different widths, but unless I turn on my fan these areas are not clearing.

As far as I know the heated windscreen should do the whole front window and not certain streakes.

Does anyone know if this may require a new windscreen, or if the problem may lie elsewhere?

Probaly just some !Removed! on the windscreen i know it's a problem with heated rear window's same might apply give it a clean and see what its like

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

This is my first post in this forum and I have to confess I'm not a massive source of knowledge for cars so am hoping someone can help.

Like everyone at the moment, my windscreen is getting extremely cold at the moment and frosing up overnight. When I turn my heated windscreen on it appears to clear certain parts of the screen. It isn't as simple as the left hand side being cleared and the right hand side not (or vise versa). It is clearing certain parts only, so that it looks vertically streaky. The streaks are different widths, but unless I turn on my fan these areas are not clearing.

As far as I know the heated windscreen should do the whole front window and not certain streakes.

Does anyone know if this may require a new windscreen, or if the problem may lie elsewhere?

Sounds like the heated windscreen is no good, Have it looked at..The heated lines run vertically, this could be why its only clearing certain parts..Hope this helps you..

it does the same on my mondeo and that had a new screen 6 months ago, i thourght the heating element side was mainly for the outside frost more than condensation which is why you have to put the demist air on.

it does the same on my mondeo and that had a new screen 6 months ago, i thourght the heating element side was mainly for the outside frost more than condensation which is why you have to put the demist air on.

The heaters (vertical or horizontal)functions from the inside. Just leave them "ON" while driving...until front and rearview becomes clear(around 10min). It increases gas consumption though( if you forgot to switch it off). Clearing the mist is achieved faster if you run the fan.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club