Kapz K

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Name: Kapil
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Ink
  • Year: 2003

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

Gah! :angry:

I was backing into my driveway today to repair the wing mirror, and I misjudged the distance from the garage wall and resulted in a deep gash to my rear bumper!!

Needless to say I was on the verge of tears and absolutely fuming, I've only owned the car for 2 weeks!

God I've been driving for 2 years now and I still messed up on the most basic of manoeuvres!

Anyway, the appearence of the car right now is quite ugly and I would like to do a self touch up/repair job of it as I'm not prepared to fork out £80 + for an 8 year old car (and my first car owned by me). I'm not looking for a 100% match job, just something which will make the appearance to the naked eye much more pleasant.

I don't know if the paint is metallic or not (its a 2003 Focus Ink in Blue), and I've heard filling the scratches and wet-sanding the damaged area down can lead to clearcoat scratches which are impossible to remove.

Could anyone guide me or point me in the direction of a step by step guide to getting this sorted!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0021.jpg

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 woodysbodywerx

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec s mk5

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:29 PM

scrapes don't need filling, looking at that, it needs to be flatted and blown in

#3 Nigel S

Nigel S

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Name: Nigel
  • Ford Model: Focus Mk 2 2.0 Zetec Climate
  • Year: 2005

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:15 AM

Failing that - try the scrap yards for a replacement bumper in the same colour.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users