Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whineing Power Steering

martync

my power steering has started whineing when i turn to park or pull out ive checked the fluid level and its ok.has anybody had this before ive googled it and most are saying it could be trapped air,has anyone got any ideas on what it can be and how to fix it cost wise,thanks martync

Hi, could be trapped air, could be the pump and it could be debris in the hydrualics blocking the filter. No idea as to the cost, however it is possible to drain out the old fluid and replace it..

Chris

• 5 weeks later...

I realise you posted this like a month ago but have you got it sorted? Because I have had a whine from my PS since I can remember, but only on full lock so I assumed it is normal, no? However every so often I am having other problems with my steering.

Mainly in cold weather and only when the engine is cold it is sometime hard to turn right and it feels like there is some resistance to turn the wheel. Very similar to this

but without the noise and not when parked. They then said it was fixed by a new rack but as mine isn't all the time and I'm getting this whine, could it be a bad PS pump?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club