Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got my new Fiesta!

Mark M.K

Hi all,

Picked up the new car Yesterday, and have had a good drive round and its nothing short of being amazing! MPG aint too good while its running in - only getting 22MPG :blink: from a 1.4!

Apart from the poor MPG, i have nothing bad to say about it :) drives great, looks nice inside and outside. It's just the perfect car. Heres some pics:

DSC04571.jpg

DSC04569.jpg

DSC04568.jpg

DSC04573.jpg

Looks the business in black doesn't it?

Hope mine looks as good when I eventually pick it up although mine won't be black!

Are you doing a lot of town driving etc because 22 mpg is a far cry from what the brochures say although Janet's Ka didn't really start being super economical until it had done approx 1000 miles.

I don't think it'll be a problem to do that though because you just won't want to leave it anywhere.......you just want to keep driving it!!!!! ;)

I've got it upto 25MPG now! :P but the engine only has 70 miles on it....plenty of time to get better

Have had mine two weeks now(1.6 tdci) 540 miles on the clock and average 42mpg around town(still not what the book says it can do).

Have had various problems with it (see list)

Faults with the vehicle

1, Front windscreen washer has no pressure to clear screen

2, Intermittent rattle from left side of glove box area near air vent

3, Rattle from left hinge of bonnet (the headlamp was very loose which I have secured) but

Requires lining up with the body work

4, Alternator belt squeals loudly at first start up for 10-15 seconds(when cold)

5, Both rear door seals that stick on the leading edge of the door and seal against

The “B” post keeps coming adrift and has to be restuck frequently

6, The engine (radiator) fan comes on for no reason after just travelling a short distance

And the engine temp is still very cold ( no aircon selected)

7, The engine judders when coming to a stop at junctions and has cut out several times

This can be replicated by travelling at 25-30mph then put the car in neutral and gently

Bring the car the car to a stop

8, N/s/r door paint defects which the body shop are aware of (black dots that look like tar spots)

Has anyone else had any issues??

Even with these problems it is a joy to drive

I would like to be able to read the cars ecu with a hand held diagnostic unit anyone know where i can get one?

Has anyone else had any issues??

The only problems I have had so far are the passenger side internal rubber seal had to be replaced as it kept coming unstuck (the door also needs to be re-aligned a little but will get that looked at, at the 1500 mile checkup) and the driver side windscreen strip was also flapping around and so was replaced.

I do have a bit of a rattle from near the glove box but I had the same in my 07 Focus, interior solidity doesn't seem to be as good on newer Fords.

Other than that, I'm loving driving the fiesta. I'm also getting around 45mpg but hopefully this will improve a bit as the engine breaks in. (still better than the 1.8 petrol Focus was - 31 to 32mpg)

For the OP, you may want to reset your MPG indicator as unless you have, its not showing your true MPG as it will have done a few miles before getting to you being loaded and unloaded on transports at low speeds. Mine was showing 28mpg with 19 miles on the clock when I picked it up.

Hi all new Fiesta enthusiasts!

So far, I'm very pleased with my Fiesta 1.6 TDCi Titanium 5d in morello - very stylish. 53 mpg and rising, and still less than 1000 miles on the clock.

My partner has an older Fusion 1.6 TDCi ('07, 14000 miles), which returns an average better than 63 mpg, so I'm hopeful to achieve better from the Fiesta, once run in. I know this takes a while with a diesel.

What's really impressive with the Fiesta is its quiet, firm and purposeful ride. It feels like a much bigger car, and like other respondents I've seen many sideways glances from people.

Happy stylish and economical motoring.

Dock.

BTW, does anyone know, what number version of Fiesta is this one? - v4, v5?

I belive this shape Fiesta is MK7.

As for problems people have listed above, sounds like you got a friday afternoon job :(

Got a little update!

The weather finaly got better to allow me to intall the alloy pedals and scuff plates :) The rear spoiler is being fitted this wendsday

DSC04579.jpg

DSC04580.jpg

Got a little update!

The weather finaly got better to allow me to intall the alloy pedals and scuff plates :) The rear spoiler is being fitted this wendsday

Look good bud, how much were the scuff plates? Might have to get some of those!

They were £45 i think including VAT (at 17.5%) so will be a little cheaper now.

Hey!

Looks good in black!

When I ordered mine, it couldnt wait long enough to have the spec I wanted in the black, so I went for the Avalon blue instead (pic in gallery)! LOL! :lol:

I have the 1.6tdci Titanium, and with over 2000 miles on the clock after getting it a month or so ago, and im getting about 45-50 mpg at the moment.

I have noticed that the fan does kick in even after a short run of only a mile or so. Also had a funny one with the radio where it wouldnt pick up a single station, so pressed the CD button, then the radio again, and it all worked fine again. :huh: Apart from that, no real problems.

I must admit, they are a real head turner, and lost count of the amount of people looking at it. Even had to show it to several strangers, and let them sit in it etc. LOL

Take care!

Seems like the fan is ment to kick in early then, as it does it on mine too, but i'd rather have it kick in rather than not at all and overheat the engine :blink:.

Update on the spoiler, dropped the car off at the bodyshop, and is being fitted as i type this! Hope to get some pics later today before it gets too dark :)

Also on the MPG, got it to 30 MPG now so getting better :P

Sorry for doubble posting, but i have my car back from the bodyshop! The spoiler looks AMAZING!

Image004.jpg

Image007.jpg

I picked my new Fiesta 1.6 TDCi Titanium on Thursday - I absolutely love it.

It's finished in Squeeze and looks pretty distinctive.

No faults so far, just a bit miffed that the parking sensors aren't colour coded and under the bonnet, it isn't fully sprayed.

Otherwise, an awesome little car.

I picked my new Fiesta 1.6 TDCi Titanium on Thursday - I absolutely love it.

It's finished in Squeeze and looks pretty distinctive.

No faults so far, just a bit miffed that the parking sensors aren't colour coded and under the bonnet, it isn't fully sprayed.

Otherwise, an awesome little car.

I should be getting mine just after Xmas hopefully. As you can see from below I'm having the petrol one--must admit I didn't know that the parking sensors weren't colour coded although mine's got the full body kit so hopefully......

My first thought was black but then I saw the brochure which showed hot magenta and I was hooked--just hope it's as good in the flesh so to speak!!! ;)

I have had my 1.6 Titanium for about 6 weeks now. It has the full dress up kit and the Titanium X pack and the colour is Vision. I have got a few shots of it here.

I have only seen one other black Zetec.

The only fault so far is that it seem to report a fault with the indicator bulb when I turn right, yet the next time I use the car it comes on when I unlock it.

Yours looks good in Vision--that's another colour besides black that I would have considered if I'd hadn't fallen in love with the hot magenta colour in the brochure.

Is yours petrol or diesel and are you running it in gently or just giving it loads of welly from the start?

If petrol how's it doing on economy--I realise that as the engine loosens it will improve but just curious.

Hopefully Santa (aka Jim from Shepshed Ford) will have mine ready after Xmas............... <_<

Yours looks good in Vision--that's another colour besides black that I would have considered if I'd hadn't fallen in love with the hot magenta colour in the brochure.

Is yours petrol or diesel and are you running it in gently or just giving it loads of welly from the start?

If petrol how's it doing on economy--I realise that as the engine loosens it will improve but just curious.

Hopefully Santa (aka Jim from Shepshed Ford) will have mine ready after Xmas............... <_<

It is the petrol engine. I just driving it sensibly rather than booting it. At the moment I am only getting 22 mpg, but there are alot of roadworks around my way at the moment.

I'm seeing new Fiesta's everywhere, but I guess I would considering I live in Essex - Fordland.

I popped to Sainsburys earlier and saw a Black Zetec and another Squeeze Titanium but a 3-door.

I'm really liking it in solid red - I think it looks pretty cool in that colour.

I'm seeing new Fiesta's everywhere, but I guess I would considering I live in Essex - Fordland.

I popped to Sainsburys earlier and saw a Black Zetec and another Squeeze Titanium but a 3-door.

I'm really liking it in solid red - I think it looks pretty cool in that colour.

Since Janet collected her Sportka I've only seen two Sportkas but no more Fiestas.

Hopefully once I get mine they will all come out of hiding!!!!

Like you say, you being in Fordland, you're bound to see more than us country boys.............

Seriously though, you always tend to see them when you've got one don't you?

I've only seen 1 other new fiesta since buying mine. Give it a few more months and there will be thousands on the road

Got a little update!

The weather finaly got better to allow me to intall the alloy pedals and scuff plates :)

DSC04579.jpg

I love those scuff plates. I will have to get some. How do they fit?

They simply stick on to the car. Pull off the strips on the back and place onto the car. Theres 2 lines on the plastic trim for you to messusre up to so you get them in the same place both sides :)