#1 Northernbob

Northernbob

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: rob
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6TDCi
  • Year: 2009

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:40 PM

I resort to this Forum in desperation that finally I can get an answer to a serious fault on my 2009 Ford focus which has been occurring now for over 6 months with numerous ford garages being unable to find/fix the fault.

My issue revolves around a random periodic Engine malfunction warning light coming on the dashboard that corresponds with a loss of turbo giving rise to situations of climbing hills whilst overtaking lorries to suddenly find I have no acceleration and hence start to fall back in speed and hence back to the traffic behind me.

This has now happened several times! I have taken the car which is still under warranty into a garage local to my work place as well as another in Sussex whilst away for a weekend, but they have found nothing wrong and can only advise me to bring it in when the fault condition occurs so they can analyse it! alas to date this has not occurred at a time when any of Fords garages have been open!

One thing to note is that if the car is shut down and re-started the warning goes away and then the turbo is fully back in operation???

I once had the RAC look at it and they pulled off the following error codes but for whatever reason ford dont recognize these or wont offer an opinion? (Po219 and po299 error codes)

Any one out there shed any light on the subject,

many thanks
Rob

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,464 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:13 PM

P0299 is a turbo underboost code,which means your turbo is not getting the required boost, it could be the EGR valve sticking or gunged up,could also be the "Control Boost Solenoid Valve" playing up also check for a leak on turbo pipework and intercooler pipes.

P0219 is an engine over speed warning

#3 Northernbob

Northernbob

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: rob
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6TDCi
  • Year: 2009

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

interesting thanks, and either or of these would be enough to cause the malfunction light to come on? and why would the ford boys not look into those exact same issues???

strange

#4 grahamp

grahamp

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Name: graham
  • Ford Model: Focus Estate 1.6TDCi
  • Year: 2008

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:45 PM

Any info on how this panned out? I've got the exact same problem by the sound of it.

#5 jonnozs

jonnozs

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Name: john
  • Ford Model: ford zetec 2010
  • Year: 2010

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:46 PM

hi, same prob, checkd over many forums, the dpf seems 2 b the main prob, itll fell like egr valve, wen i bought my car i had probs right away on 55000 miles, i was tld get the dpf off, as it causes so many probs, car shud be remapped aswell meaning better fuel eco, if you renew dpf ur talkin £1000, but 2 take it off and remap engine £350, welcome 2 the dreded focus, hope this helps

#6 martyntdci

martyntdci

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • Name: martin
  • Ford Model: focus titanium x/comms/sports pack
  • Year: 2008

Posted 04 May 2014 - 10:51 PM

not dreaded focus,,, lack of maintenance. our focus is lovely n neva had any major probs in time owned it... if thats what you think chop it in dude....

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users