Do Not Sell My Personal Information

how to remove Mondeo starter motor ?

weseeyou

I need to replace my starter urgently but can't get it booked into a garage before Xmas.

Does anyone know how to remove a Mk1 Mondeo starter motor can giove me some advice please.

I have access to a ramp but when I looked today I couldn't see how to get to any of the electrical connections or two of the fixing bolts

I need to replace my starter urgently but can't get it booked into a garage before Xmas.

Does anyone know how to remove a Mk1 Mondeo starter motor can giove me some advice please.

I have access to a ramp but when I looked today I couldn't see how to get to any of the electrical connections or two of the fixing bolts

depends, is this petrol or diesel if its petrol its at the rear and is held by 2 nuts on the wiring which can be tricky to get to but is best got at from the underneeth and 3 bolts to the engine it should drop down from there getting to the bolts can be tricky, now if its the diesel the starter is at the front you need to support the engine from the underneeth and remove the front engine mount which can be a bit tricky then again its held by 2 nuts on the wiring and 3 bolts to engine. i only know this as i have done a few my self.

depends, is this petrol or diesel if its petrol its at the rear and is held by 2 nuts on the wiring which can be tricky to get to but is best got at from the underneeth and 3 bolts to the engine it should drop down from there getting to the bolts can be tricky, now if its the diesel the starter is at the front you need to support the engine from the underneeth and remove the front engine mount which can be a bit tricky then again its held by 2 nuts on the wiring and 3 bolts to engine. i only know this as i have done a few my self.

its a petrol and I had it up on a ramp Friday.

I cannot even see two of the bolts and the starter is way up inside the engine. I can't see either of the electrical connections either.

If I was able to undo the bolts will the wiring loom allow me to drop the starter enough to get to the electrical connections@ or will they have to come off first .

Does anything need removing to get better access ? there is a sheild to a uv joint I think