#1 maka

maka

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: daniel
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec
  • Year: 2000

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:59 PM

Hi All, Just looking for some advice, just got a 2000 model focus 1.8 zetec with 98,000 miles on the clock, Im unsure of the service history of the car so gonna need to do a full service and timing belt change, Any one got any ideas of which make of filters to use and timing belts. Also what grade of oil is best to use 5w30 semi synthetic or 5w30 fully synthetic. been looking a mahle filters, does anyone know if these are good filters. Cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 fishpond 47

fishpond 47

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 363 posts
  • Ford Model: mk3 mondeo x2 + a ka

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:31 AM

Hi All, Just looking for some advice, just got a 2000 model focus 1.8 zetec with 98,000 miles on the clock, Im unsure of the service history of the car so gonna need to do a full service and timing belt change, Any one got any ideas of which make of filters to use and timing belts. Also what grade of oil is best to use 5w30 semi synthetic or 5w30 fully synthetic. been looking a mahle filters, does anyone know if these are good filters. Cheers

Hi Maka welcome to the club, my best advice is find a good motor factors and give them your reg number they will sort you out with the parts you need, mahle filters are fine and 5w30 semi synthetic oil is the one you want, when doing the cam belt I would recommend doing the water pump at the same time(not knowing how long the one on is going to last), purely for piece of mind, as you would have to undo everything you've just done for the cam belt to change it later.

#3 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,271 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:09 PM

Hi Maka welcome to the club, my best advice is find a good motor factors and give them your reg number they will sort you out with the parts you need, mahle filters are fine and 5w30 semi synthetic oil is the one you want, when doing the cam belt I would recommend doing the water pump at the same time(not knowing how long the one on is going to last), purely for piece of mind, as you would have to undo everything you've just done for the cam belt to change it later.

Is the WP driven by the cam belt on the 1.8? i know it wasn't on my 1.6

#4 fishpond 47

fishpond 47

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 363 posts
  • Ford Model: mk3 mondeo x2 + a ka

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:21 PM

Not sure Stef, but he'd still need to undo everything to change the water pump anyway as the cam belt is in front(or part in front) of it.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users