Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Focus Titanium

xxtrickzxx

hi folks :rolleyes: It mentions in the spec that this system has a 9 speaker set up,does any one know where the ninth speaker is? I presume it's a sub which usually lives in the boot but wouldn't that make the boot even smaller,need to know because my cousin has just ordered one and he's worried but the salesman dosent know :o

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cuke

• tomo2001

• xxtrickzxx

• DeadStick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

THe 9th speaker is not in the boot its on the dashboard. On the flat bit on the top above the radio

hi folks :rolleyes: It mentions in the spec that this system has a 9 speaker set up,does any one know where the ninth speaker is? I presume it's a sub which usually lives in the boot but wouldn't that make the boot even smaller,need to know because my cousin has just ordered one and he's worried but the salesman dosent know :o

Hi, it is the ten speaker setup that has the sub, and this isn't available in this county until 2012. Could your cousin post pictures and their thoughts on the new focus here please?

Chris

Hi, it is the ten speaker setup that has the sub, and this isn't available in this county until 2012. Could your cousin post pictures and their thoughts on the new focus here please?

Chris

I posted some initial thoughts 4 days after picking up a Titanium here >> http://tinyurl.com/6docofj

I will be adding more comments and photos after having it a little longer but if you'd like specific photos or my humble opinion on anything in particular so far just ask and I'll do my best to help.

Pictures from every angle, inside and out will be great thanks....

;-)

Here's a few to start with. Next time I'm out when it's dark I'll get some of the ambient lighting inside. Any other requests feel free to ask.

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

H, thanks, nice pictures too as well as the car looking good in black. I've seen your review over at talkford, I'm known by my full name there.

Chris

Thanks for the pics. The car looks great!

I've just joined talk ford too as I see theres alot more new focus pics/owners there

Paul :)

I should be going out late on Tuesday night with my brother (he took the pics I already posted) to take some night-time shots. I'll post some of them here on Wednesday.

...and I completely agree with both of you. It does look good in black. I nearly went for a Mars Red but, in the flesh, I found that colour a bit Nissany.

I think i'm in love, nice looking focus the inside is brill.

Nice pickys too :)

Chris

will do,by the way the 9th speaker is on the dash so i suppose it must be a centre channel,thinking of one of these myself,but they aint cheap now the new focus!even with privlege

I think the Mk3 Focus is one good looking car in and out.

Shame Ford will sell no Mk3 saloons in UK (our fault for not buying any when the Mk2 saloon was available). Nearly every new Focus in the US is a saloon and they are a good looking motor.

Talking of our cousins over the pond: They liked the new Focus but thought the dashboard "too complicated and too european". Yanks seem to like the old plank of wood with a few dials cut in (like a Caterham 7). Their needs, like their minds, are simple.

Shame Ford will sell no Mk3 saloons in UK (our fault for not buying any when the Mk2 saloon was available). Nearly every new Focus in the US is a saloon and they are a good looking motor.

Talking of our cousins over the pond: They liked the new Focus but thought the dashboard "too complicated and too european". Yanks seem to like the old plank of wood with a few dials cut in (like a Caterham 7). Their needs, like their minds, are simple.

spot on with them answers mate (the yanks)i hope i will be ok with my new motor, err i think so( when it arrives FOCUS TIT X, PANTHER BLACK, ELEC SUN ROOF, 18 INCH alloys, DRIVER !Removed! PACK 1.6 ECO .expected dilivery middle of august, told dealer it will be a sep1 reg 61. regs.

I too love the saloon versions. The black Titaniums with the rear spoilers look excellent. I came across this video when doing my usual YouTube search for "2012 Ford Focus" -

It looks sooooooo smart - just how I'd want mine - saloon, black, titanium, my ford touch, powershift automatic, only thing I'd have to add wud be tinted windows.

Heres a suprising report I came across from an article posted on a US Ford forum - "Approximately 50 percent of 2011 Ford Fiesta vehicles now being sold in the U.S. are hatchback models; 41 percent of the all-new 2012 Ford Focus sales are hatchbacks"

Those are quite high percentages for the sedan loving USA.

Added a few night pics to my gallery.

Added a few night pics to my gallery.

Thats one cool cabin. The steering wheel is impressive all lit up - mad how many controls are on it.

Thats one cool cabin. The steering wheel is impressive all lit up - mad how many controls are on it.

The good thing is all the buttons don't get in the way of just driving the thing. I haven't once accidentally pressed something when I didn't want to.

Hi, thanks for the photos, even more lights than my Mondeo. At least having come from the Mk4 I should be used to a few buttons. But how is the voice control, have you used it much yet?

Chris

Hi, thanks for the photos, even more lights than my Mondeo. At least having come from the Mk4 I should be used to a few buttons. But how is the voice control, have you used it much yet?

Chris

I have used it quite a lot already and it's pretty good. It certainly understands me with my distinctive accent better than the Mercedes understood Clarkson's 'normal' accent on last Sunday's TG. I've paired up phones, made calls, changed CD tracks, tuned the radio and fiddled with the climate control without any problems.

I also like the 'help' command which gives you a list of your current options (incase you forget them) without having to consult the manual. For example, if you flick the voice button and say help it tells you your options include 'climate', 'cd player', 'phone' etc. then once you select one, let's say 'cd player', you can say help again and it'll list available options at that stage of the menu system like 'shuffle', 'play track #' and so on. Very handy when you're on the move and reading the instruction manual is out of the question.

Demisting via voice control is excellent too. Instead of turning several dials and pushing buttons only to have to do the same in reverse once the windows have cleared I just flick the voice button and say 'climate', then 'demist on', then a few seconds later 'climate', 'demist off' and the job is done without taking my hands off the wheel or my eye off the road.

This is the first car I've had with voice control and I have to say I'm more impressed than I thought I'd be.

You can just say demist with out saying climate first

Thanks. I didn't know that.

It just gets better all the time. :)

Thanks. I didn't know that.

It just gets better all the time. :)

Lol

I got my fiesta just before winter and when it was snowing for those few weeks I was so chuffed with myself each morning when Id get in, start the engine then just had to say 'defrosting on'.

...simple things and all that :lol:

I have used it quite a lot already and it's pretty good. It certainly understands me with my distinctive accent better than the Mercedes understood Clarkson's 'normal' accent on last Sunday's TG. I've paired up phones, made calls, changed CD tracks, tuned the radio and fiddled with the climate control without any problems.

I also like the 'help' command which gives you a list of your current options (incase you forget them) without having to consult the manual. For example, if you flick the voice button and say help it tells you your options include 'climate', 'cd player', 'phone' etc. then once you select one, let's say 'cd player', you can say help again and it'll list available options at that stage of the menu system like 'shuffle', 'play track #' and so on. Very handy when you're on the move and reading the instruction manual is out of the question.

Demisting via voice control is excellent too. Instead of turning several dials and pushing buttons only to have to do the same in reverse once the windows have cleared I just flick the voice button and say 'climate', then 'demist on', then a few seconds later 'climate', 'demist off' and the job is done without taking my hands off the wheel or my eye off the road.

This is the first car I've had with voice control and I have to say I'm more impressed than I thought I'd be.

Hi, thanks for that, very reassuring that the voice control works so well...

Chris

Mine arrives at the dealer on Monday, looking at 25th for delivery :)

Mine arrives at the dealer on Monday, looking at 25th for delivery :)

Nice. What engine/colour/optional packs etc did you go for?