Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Swisstonihasher

Fiesta 1.4 TDCI tuning chip kit, ebay etc

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone used these tuning chip module things you see on ebay? What do they tune exactly? Boost increase or is it change of fuel delivery? Being diesel, you cant change the advance or out as it has no ignition/spark, sorry if that sounds a bit daft but I cant see how it tunes the engine (if they work) unless you up the boost which would need device to alter actuator as its mechanical.

Has anyone used these tuning chip module things you see on ebay? What do they tune exactly? Boost increase or is it change of fuel delivery? Being diesel, you cant change the advance or out as it has no ignition/spark, sorry if that sounds a bit daft but I cant see how it tunes the engine (if they work) unless you up the boost which would need device to alter actuator as its mechanical.

the chips alter the fuel ratio and mixture in the ecu it does the same in both petrol and diesel engines, this in turn increases the fuel amount into your engine which increases your bhp making your car quicker and more responsive, i hope that helps. basicall its a change in the fuel delivery

the chips alter the fuel ratio and mixture in the ecu it does the same in both petrol and diesel engines, this in turn increases the fuel amount into your engine which increases your bhp making your car quicker and more responsive, i hope that helps. basicall its a change in the fuel delivery

Yup, does thanks. So if you increased boost also you'd have even quicker little car...lol.

Do they work though? Ebay items can be a complete rip off

i would go to a reputable supplier of tuning chips like power chips,deamon tweaks or tuning diesels. but beware they can cause injector problems further down the line.

i would go to a reputable supplier of tuning chips like power chips,deamon tweaks or tuning diesels. but beware they can cause injector problems further down the line.

Injector problems, hmm think I'll pass then, not worth it on such a small motor for power gain...do think mpg improves any over what it already does?