Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hit & Run

AdamC11

Hi Guys,

While i was on holiday some idiot has done a hit and run on my car and scuffed the paintwork. It has only taken the top layer of paint off.

Can somebody please have a look and tell me what price i would be looking at from the dealer?

Here is the link: http://s490.photobucket.com/albums/rr262/AdamC11_Bling/Hit%20And%20Run/

Thanks

Hi

At least £200 me thinks

Jamie

Sorry I'm not able to help with a price but just to say I feel your pain - someone hit my car at the cinema last week and taken the paint off passenger front wheel arch.

Luckily not dented but cheapest quote I've had (respray) is £110 at 'mates rates'.

Can't help with price i'm afraid but I would advise shopping around and not going just to the dealer as more than likely they will charge a premium! Some people make me sick with their blatant disregard of other people's property :angry:

I nearly had a heart attack when I read the title, when I hear 'hit and run' I always think of people... glad its not though. Shame about the dent though, I had a quick google and came up with things like 'dent devil' and clean-images.co.uk, the latter quoted roughly £70-120+vat so hopefully it wouldn't be too much.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the replies guys,

Finally got round to going to the Ford Dealership. He quoted me £300 but then said i will do it for £280.

They want to respray half the panel and take the side window out.

Were do they get off for such a small scuff?

Thanks

Hi mate, just wanted to say I too feel your pain. The driving standards (at least in my area) have seriously gone downhill over the past few years.

About 6 years ago someone hit my father's Punto - it was a Motobility car but obviously being a hit and run there was nobody around so he had to fork out on his excess and lost his NCB. Proper stings.

We got back to the car and I couldn't open the passenger door, it was jammed, and then we looked down and saw all the damage and his wing was completely smashed in. To be honest it looked like someone had hit it at about 20mph it was that bad.

Anyway, that's not too bad and at least it will be fixed at a Ford dealer. That way if any corrosion starts (which can happen after paint is damaged and water gets into bare metal) then you'll be fully covered.

Hope it works out for you mate, and sorry again about your situation :)

Thanks for the replies guys,

Finally got round to going to the Ford Dealership. He quoted me £300 but then said i will do it for £280.

They want to respray half the panel and take the side window out.

Were do they get off for such a small scuff?

Thanks

If you wanna get a professional job done then I would quite easily believe the work he's describing. I remember I had 2 panels that had been keyed on my old Focus, but it was gonna need 5 panels resprayed to get it all blended in and professional. But that was only gonna cost me about £400.

I dunno where you got your price from.... Ford? I'd honestly suggest going to a paintshop... try find one thats approved by an insurer if you're really unsure who to use.

Or earch for a bodyshop around where you stay on Facebook, usually they will have photo's of their work if they're any good.

Danny

I had some damage on the rear arch and bumper, took it to various body shops and Fords were not the dearest.

A national repair centre was £200 more.

With Fords you get a 3 year garauntee, and I can't fault the job. Perfect, you'd never know that it had been damaged.

The cheaper places and not by much were a complete mess, not what I'd call professional at all.

Fords were clean, and organised.

You only get what you pay for.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club