Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is There A Way To Set The Doors To Auto Lock When You Drive Off

JohnWB

On a 2009 Fiesta Zetec, is there a way to set the doors to auto lock, either when you drive off, or get to say 10mph

I know it's standard on a lot of cars these days

On a 2009 Fiesta Zetec, is there a way to set the doors to auto lock, either when you drive off, or get to say 10mph

I know it's standard on a lot of cars these days

It's been covered many times before. No. There's no setting that can be applied (not by you nor the dealer).

However, you can make the mod yourself - there's plenty of guides as to how but it requires soldering etc.

It's been covered many times before. No. There's no setting that can be applied (not by you nor the dealer).

However, you can make the mod yourself - there's plenty of guides as to how but it requires soldering etc.

Ok, thanks for that info, are the guides on this forum or outside.

Although this feature would be nice, I've got into the habit of just pressing the lock button as soon as I get in the car.

Although this feature would be nice, I've got into the habit of just pressing the lock button as soon as I get in the car.

Same here, if it was possible and I did get auto locking I'd probs keep subconsciously unlocking it as i'm now in the habit of pressing the centre console.

only problem I see with that is in the event of a crash where you are maybe knocked unconscious or unable to get out it would make it difficult for anyone to open the door to help you - vital seconds which could save your life :o

However nice that feature may be to have..its not exactly a ball ache to push the button on the centre console :rolleyes:

only problem I see with that is in the event of a crash where you are maybe knocked unconscious or unable to get out it would make it difficult for anyone to open the door to help you - vital seconds which could save your life :o

Perfectly true, I was also thinking about the same thing...Are we to negative? :D

with cars that have this feature from the factory, when involved in an accident then the doors unlock automaticly, i remember a while ago that the galaxy had a problem with this where a theif would hit a certain area of the bodywork ( think it was wing) hard and the car would unlock itself. it was rectified pretty quickly once it was common knowledge tho.

As for a safety thing, i would not add an auto lock to my car, just incase an emergency arose and the doors needed to be opened. i would also never add a roll cage to my car either for the same fact. if involved in an accident and you had to be cut from the car, it would take alot longer for the firebrigade to cut away the rollcage from around you to get you free.

i remember a while ago that the galaxy had a problem with this where a theif would hit a certain area of the bodywork ( think it was wing) hard and the car would unlock itself. it was rectified pretty quickly once it was common knowledge tho.

wasn't that one of those 'urban myths' same thing was said about the humble Frontera and was certainly a myth. :unsure:

with cars that have this feature from the factory, when involved in an accident then the doors unlock automaticly,

That is all very well as long as it works. I wouldn't rely on it myself and don't like auto-locking in the cars I have driven with the feature. Doing it manually is much safer.

i would also never add a roll cage to my car either for the same fact. if involved in an accident and you had to be cut from the car, it would take alot longer for the firebrigade to cut away the rollcage from around you to get you free.

But saying that, if you rolled and the roof caved in and killed you, it wouldn't really matter how long it took to cut you out. ;)

Crikey, if I worried as much as some about what would happen in a crash, I don't think I'd get in a car again. ;)

a propper welded in/braced cage would be great on the roads, but thos stupid show cages that people buy, they serve no use in an accident.

as for worrying about crashing/dying, i raced motocross for 7 years, a gsxr 600 for season and a half and in the infantry. i dont really think you could get more of a dangerous childhood.

just letting people know the risks before they do some modifications

But saying that, if you rolled and the roof caved in and killed you, it wouldn't really matter how long it took to cut you out. ;)

Crikey, if I worried as much as some about what would happen in a crash, I don't think I'd get in a car again. ;)

:lol:

Maybe we should all drive around in tanks.

I have slight OCD about pressing the lock button on every car journey, even in someone elses car it MUST be pressed :unsure:

I have slight OCD about pressing the lock button on every car journey, even in someone elses car it MUST be pressed :unsure:

lol. I always prefer the doors locked just encase i end up subconsciously playing with the door handle and opening it - not that I have ever done this before :-S

lol. I always prefer the doors locked just encase i end up subconsciously playing with the door handle and opening it - not that I have ever done this before :-S

But you can still open the doors from the inside when it's locked can't you? :blink:

But you can still open the doors from the inside when it's locked can't you? :blink:

Never tried it in the Fiesta as I never drive with the doors locked, but in the BM, with the autolock feature on (it's now turned off permanently) you have to pull the door handle twice, once to unlock and again to open the door which had the effect of people nearly pulling the !Removed! thing off as they didn't realise what's going on, again, another reason why I hated the feature.

Yes you can, the doors unlock as soon as you pull the handle to get out. Like KeithC, I don't normally use it unless I am at traffic lights in a very dodgy area for example.

I have hated the auto lock on hire cars I have had, the sound of the doors locking makes me jump. Not good when you're driving !

Hi, where can I find this guide? Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club