Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black Smoke?

MacPhisto

I have a Mondeo 06 Titanium X 2.0 diesel and black smoke is emitting from the exhaust when I am accelerating, when I'm driving I can feel it jerking slightly when accelerating. I have been to the garage who have flushed it and checked the turbo pipe and it's not any of these. He is talking about the turbo or injectors now but hasn't checked.

Anyone have any ideas what else it can be or has anyone had a similar problem?

I have a Mondeo 06 Titanium X 2.0 diesel and black smoke is emitting from the exhaust when I am accelerating, when I'm driving I can feel it jerking slightly when accelerating. I have been to the garage who have flushed it and checked the turbo pipe and it's not any of these. He is talking about the turbo or injectors now but hasn't checked.

Anyone have any ideas what else it can be or has anyone had a similar problem?

Black smoke tends to be related more to the output of the diesel. I would say check the EGR valve isnt blocked and also check the health of the DPF if fitted. have you tried any additives to clean the engine out?

i would say a split intercooler pipe, its the large pipe from the bottom of the egr valve,its a common problem with the tdci and would give black smoke and a missfire around 1800rpm.

Black smoke tends to be related more to the output of the diesel. I would say check the EGR valve isnt blocked and also check the health of the DPF if fitted. have you tried any additives to clean the engine out?

Yeh they done a flush but still the same problem

i would say a split intercooler pipe, its the large pipe from the bottom of the egr valve,its a common problem with the tdci and would give black smoke and a missfire around 1800rpm.

Yes the intercooler pipe has a split in it, the garage taped it up to see if that was the problem but it continued after that too??

you would want some strong tape to handle the pressure and is not an ideal fix, did you check and clean the egr valve?