Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dmf Failure

rallyross

Hi all

Im new to the site. My mk3 tdci 130 flywheel has failed and i was looking to replace it with a normal set up. Techniclutch on eBay do complete set for £345 i have'nt heard of them but found review for there performance clutchs which are s#*te. Has anyone fitted one or will it be better to fit valeo set without starter for £360.

brought 1 the other month clutch/plate etc etc soild flywheel for £280 (everything needed for clutch including bolts) with delivery 8 days later it arrived left it with a local garage and all fits and car drives like new covered approx 300 milies and its been good as gold.

reasons i got it was cheaper than everywhere else and included the soild flywheel in that price. includes 4 years/40000 warranty. glade i got the kit as our fly wheel had had it wasnt unitll it was out we knew. i didnt read any reviews as when i brought anything in the past iv got fed up with the !Removed! writting the reviews, my review good kit ;)

brought 1 the other month clutch/plate etc etc soild flywheel for £280 (everything needed for clutch including bolts) with delivery 8 days later it arrived left it with a local garage and all fits and car drives like new covered approx 300 milies and its been good as gold.

reasons i got it was cheaper than everywhere else and included the soild flywheel in that price. includes 4 years/40000 warranty. glade i got the kit as our fly wheel had had it wasnt unitll it was out we knew. i didnt read any reviews as when i brought anything in the past iv got fed up with the !Removed! writting the reviews, my review good kit ;)

what kit have you looked at for £345 mine was for the same car and i posted a link 2 days ago and its the same price ford mondeo 2.0 Tdci

what kit have you looked at for £345 mine was for the same car and i posted a link 2 days ago and its the same price ford mondeo 2.0 Tdci

its the one for the tdci with 6 speed gearbox

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-MONDEO-TDCI-6-SPEED-FLYWHEEL-CLUTCH-STARTER-PACK-/260722396895?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cb4440edf

Can get a transit parts kit for £285 inc postage think I'll be getting one ordered tomorrow was sounding rough tonight.

i would have a good think about putting a normal set up on,mine went few weeks back, and got told by a few people in the transmisson trade that its not a good idea especially on hi,ish miles (mines done 175k)due to the vibes transfering straight to the crank and a risk of snapping it,it would have had alot of torque though its life and those extra vibes could kill it (the dmf cusions these and its there for that reason even if they are poo!)i got 59k out of my last one,so i,d have a good think,it might cost 60 - 70quid more but its prob better than a new lump if it goes boom,dont get me wrong lots of people have done this conversion with no probs,but its just something to consder.

mine clatters very bad on startup occasionally, no real pattern to its mischeif and pressing the clutch people doesnt make the noise go away.

however i have noticed that there is a burning smell when it is clattering (metallic burning smell)

did anyone else have this symptom ?

i have had it down the local mechanic many times but it is never making the noise by the time i get there. ive left it overnight there twice for him but still no noise, i think he presumes im insane. he put a super expensive oil treatment (with fuel primer) through it, a 2 pack product, assuming it maybe a gummed up piston ring not seating properly - that did nothing but cost me 60 quid.

please help !

oh yeah its had the aux belt tensioner and several pulleys replaced (not crank as apparently its fine)

• 2 weeks later...

i fitted a solid flywheel and clutch from transits parts fitted yesterday, done 50 miles this morning all good so far no funny noises. My car no longer sounds like a 1970s tractor. :D Will post how it goes over the few weeks.

i fitted a solid flywheel and clutch from transits parts fitted yesterday, done 50 miles this morning all good so far no funny noises. My car no longer sounds like a 1970s tractor. :D Will post how it goes over the few weeks.

did you fit it yourself or was it a garage? (just curious)

did you fit it yourself or was it a garage? (just curious)

i fitted it myself was a mechanic until a few years ago, was'nt too bad to do i just dropped the sub frame right off so i could change the anti roll bar bushes just left the rack cable tied to abs pump bracket. I did have the use a ramp so that helped.

did you change the slave cylinder aswell ?

mine is about to be done and im not sure if i should order a CSC or not.

is it usually neccessary on a low miles car ? (<100k) ?

did you change the slave cylinder aswell ?

mine is about to be done and im not sure if i should order a CSC or not.

is it usually neccessary on a low miles car ? (<100k) ?

It would be silly not to as its a lot of work to change later if it fails.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club