Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 Fiesta Powerpoint

a8smith

Hi,

My girlfriend has just received her Mk7 Fiesta Titanium and we are really happy with it - the bluetooth connectivity and voice control in particular are excellent. The only 'problem' we have is the position of the cigarette lighter/power point, it seems oddly far from the windscreen so when plugging in a sat nav we have a power cable trailing across the entire dash and gear stick. Am I missing something? Is there another power point located more sensibly? It just seems like an incredible over site.

Cheers,

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Firstly, Welcome to FOC.

Congrats on getting the new car! What spec did your girlfriend go for??

That is the only power socket in the Fiesta, I see what you mean about the position of it for the use of Sat Navs. I managed to get my Sat Nav cable to run along the edge of the dash and up by the stereo so you dont really notice it and it doesnt get in the way.

Hopefully the cable for your sat nav is long enough to reach that far :)

Hi jmbrown

She went for a 5 door Titanium in metallic black with the 1.6 petrol engine plus a few options like front and rear sensors, privacy glass, 7 spoke alloys and for reasons I don't yet understand, heated fabric seats. I might have to see if I can buy another power lead because the one we have is a kind of coiled spring so while it is long enough when stretched out it is also very taut like a washing line between the windscreen and center console.

Sounds good :)

Yeah hopefully they'll do a power cable that isnt coiled..whats the make and model of the sat nav?

It's a Motorola Motonav TN765T - which was really useful when I got it because of the bluetooth functions, but of course somewhat defunct now.

It can't be as bad as the layout on the previous model Vauxhall Astra, anything plugged into the power socket blocked access to the heater distribution knob. That car has to be the worst as far as ergonomics in general is concerned. I was convinced the cabin wasn't designed by anyone that drives.

Don't know about the current Astra.

I have a tomtom One which is pretty good except that why do they put the power input at the bottom ? It means that you can't rest it anywhere with the lead in. I don't like the windscreen mounts as they leave a tell-tale mark on the screen for thieves to spot. My son has a basic RAC satnav (Navman ?) and the socket is on the side.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club