Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ecat

johnH

Hi Folks,

In my quest to make things cheaper than dealer i have found a copy of their parts catalogue. Basically download the text file containing the links, download the files. Does take some time.

Tips:

-I did get a CRC error while using winrar...but to work around click "extract to" at the top and under misc click "keep broken files". it will load and install fine.

-Install using slysoft virtualdrive (freeware)

-Install onto Windows Xp...it will work with windows 7 but needs a little help...pm me if you need.

-make sure you follow the patch instructions within the first winrar file.

Ford ECAT 06.2011 Multilanguage

5.37 GB

Ecat is the Electronic Parts Catalogue from Ford that’s incredibly useful for all users interested in parts information. Areas such as parts identification, vehicle identification and supersession search have been designed with the user in mind - easy to use and effectiveness being of paramount importance.

if people require a torrent please pm and ill email it to yourself, once one is made.

appologies if this is not allowed on this forum.

Ford Ecat links.txt

• Like 1

interesting, do you have any screenshots of the program?

not at present but will get some tonight (after 8pm), when i finish work

here are some screenshots

post-17334-0-46055500-1310945678_thumb.j

post-17334-0-91957000-1310945683_thumb.j

post-17334-0-22995100-1310945692_thumb.j

post-17334-0-93120300-1310945697_thumb.j

im just playing with it, turns out it costs £566 for a new DPF on a 1.6 focus.

1) how did you acquire this program? I wouldnt have thought they offered it free online?

2) If I still had my Focus I would probably have sent you a virtual kiss by now! that is brilliant!

I suggest you get a note added onto the forums welcome page "DOWNLOAD ME I WILL SAVE YOU A THOUSAND POUNDS / HOURS OVER YOUR FORD OWNERSHIP LIFE"

hi jee,

1) i found it while surfing the net on one of my 12 hour shifts...i think it was on www.garageforum.co.uk somewhere. and they dont...its pretty much a pirate copy, but like other software unpolicable.

2) thanks hahaha and i think it might help if a mod or admin make it a sticky maybe and do as you suggested jee. :lol: every little helps as they say

I wondered what was going on until i read your posts again John, i need to download them all :lol: :o nothing better than getting paid for surfing the net ay? hah

A sticky would be good to help others out but i dont thing we should be doing it with a pirate copy of the software - i think that might attract trouble.

Can you give me some pointers to how do set it up on windows 7?

cheers mate

hi stef123,

yeah thats the brilliant thing about being in the RAF, as an IT tech, plenty of time to surf the net. :lol:

well it isnt as such a pirate copy its a genuine copy but with a patch or crack available for those who need to import a licence from an unknown source ;)

as for setup on a windows 7 terminal, i will make a full screenshot guide. as it is not for the faint hearted regarding computers. but once its up and running its like any other app on your pc.

Best run this one by Steve, you dont want him ending in trouble for hosting what is technically pirate software... primarily because you are offering it and advising of the crack, however if you were offering a free genuine serial that would be a different matter! lol

There shouldnt be a problem as this forum is not hosting the files (fileserver is) it is just saying where you can find it. its how torrent sites survive...by not hosting the actual files just a means to get it. but yeah as they say admins word is final. also a UK based forum is hosting it www.garageforum.co.uk so if they can without issue should be ok

even if we remove the files for the links and make it so people have to contact myself for the gen. i think this software is too good just to throw away...saves ££'s and time. ive got a list of part numbers im going to order when i get the cash

Hell Yeah, if I still had the Focus I would have bitten your hand off with this, and probably downloaded 4 or 5 copies for backup! lol...

lol, I suppose as long as the forum doesnt get in trouble for it lol, I just thought I would mention so we dont end up in the doghouse! lol

johnH this is exactly what I was looking for the other day! I ended up assuming it was only available online. Downloading this as soon as I finish work!! Nice find ;)

Cheers john, much appreciated.

You say above that it may be different to install on Windows 7. Can you tell me what part is different?

theres a full guide in .doc format to help install. its not that bad its just the crack and activation but its fully covered in the guide ;)

OK, thanks john. Only a bit left to download :rolleyes:

yeah i appologise for the speed, got to contend with 3 laptops an xbox and for some reason yanks are taking over the torrent...thinking its for the US market...how wrong they are!

lol, I could see that you were the only 1 on 100%. I've got a bit left to download but I thought I'd leave it until later when the yanks have downloaded more of the torrent, the ratio of the swarm will be better then!! Let them carry on!! :P

Hi, I've still not got it working under win7, John I pm'd you about the install...

Chris

Hi,

Just acquired this too, but also having issues getting it to install on Windows 7. Any fixes appreciated, fire away, I'm very tech savvy when it comes to things like this ;)

Rob

Got it working on W7. Follow this word doc (it was in the torrent).

Can't see the photos on the right hand side though and I done the extra step on the word doc??

INSTALL GUIDE.doc

Hm, must be another prob then as it keeps failing whilst installing the first item (SQL server).

Going to try installing in Windows proper rather than a virtual machine inside Mac OSX.

EDIT: Seems to be installing now, my guess is because I had pending Windows updates waiting...

I installed Java first too. That may help

yeah sorry install the latest version of java and make sure internet explorer is set as default....all the american guys are at 97% so not long left for fast downloads.