Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluefin Superchip

Zetecd

Dose anyone own or have any experience with bluefin superchips for the 1.6 zetec s petrol. I am thinking of getting one and wondered how good or bad they are

Thanks

Yea it is m8 I seen it and thought with the j1 induction kit and mountune exhaust it could be 140 bhp on a budget

I wonder if they are any good I had a look and they say a extra 10 bhp. so with the j1 kit and mountune exhaust that could be close to 140 bhp for £754 with out postage so that's less than £600 less than mountune and you can fit all that stuf your self

My personal opinion, not worth it.

Quick pros and cons:

+ Price

- Will void the warranty

- Possible increase in the insurance cost

My personal opinion, not worth it.

Quick pros and cons:

+ Price

- Will void the warranty

- Possible increase in the insurance cost

I do agree myself on On the warranty part but it will be simmilar cost in insurance if you go for the mountune so it's really only the saving vs warinty. But if there was a fault you could take the stuff of the superchip is ment to be a plug in so you could unplug it and put the standard air box back on and the exhaust is mountune anyway.

I stand corrected...... but they don't do them for diesel mk7's.....

Its a tdci mk7 I have so have never search for petrol ones before.

http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=9&fueltype=2&model=1&variant=2175

They do one for the 90 (or 88 as they call it) pre-DPF engine - no good for me :(

http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=9&fueltype=2&model=1&variant=2175

They do one for the 90 (or 88 as they call it) pre-DPF engine - no good for me :(

oaft! Although thats on the superchips site, itt not on the bluefin site/... dunno why! But Considering Ford block the ecu from being remapped through the port that bluefin use, I'm surprised they're saying it can be done.

I've only ever heard of the tdci mk7 being remApped by removing the ecu and plugging it into a special mchine connected by the pins direct then refitting the ecu to the car. RStuning can do it.

I'm gonna contact superchips asap and find out.

ps. I deliberately bought the 90bhp version with the intention of remapping :D happy days :D

Do you happin to no the 0-62 time of your car mine is ment to be 9.7 but it feels alot faster I think with the j1 and mountune exhaust and this it should be 7.5ish

Do you happin to no the 0-62 time of your car mine is ment to be 9.7 but it feels alot faster I think with the j1 and mountune exhaust and this it should be 7.5ish

Unfortunately, that's very much a pipe dream.

Evo tested their Zetec S they had on long term test, think it was 9.7 and the Mountune was 8.9 that they tested as well. Have figures at home, will put them up later. A lot of money to go from slow, to nearly as slow. ;)

Ive got a 1.6 petrol mk7 zs - I was the test car for J1 so ive got one of them, got a milltek cat back(same as mountune's) and I was the second car in for development for hte Bluefin device, the graph they have is from the map they built for that car. I tested the BF device its self. My cars been on rolling road(same one-RS Tuning in Leeds) a good few times and it went from about 130bhp to 131.4bhp or something with the BF on. It had slightly more torque in low revs and the MPG/AFR was great but there wasnt much of anything else. For the rest inbetween (say 2-6.5rpm) it was the same or slightly lower.

for comparison it was rolled on thier road and it made 138bhp from the 130bhp on my car. So even if those figures are averaged its 134.7bhp but it certainly didnt feel any faster.

Ill upload the graph at somepoint I have it at home.

Jay

Unfortunately, that's very much a pipe dream.

Evo tested their Zetec S they had on long term test, think it was 9.7 and the Mountune was 8.9 that they tested as well. Have figures at home, will put them up later. A lot of money to go from slow, to nearly as slow. ;)

I wonder why mountune say it's 7.9 to 60 then this seams strange I am prity shure there is a YouTube vidio that says it's 8.9 as well. Then you also have to consider the new s1600 has 134 and hits 60 in 8.7

Im sure the 140 will do it in that but iirc wasnt evos long term test only running 109bhp before they mountuned it. Id say bluefin isn't worth it in my experience

Jay

Slightly off-topic, Zetecd I think you are pressing the wrong buttons out there because you double post ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club