Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Obd Ii Tool For Ford Focus

Drazha

Hello,

I was wondering if any of you could recommend an OBD II reader/scanner/reset/tool for a 2005 Ford Focus (mk2). I developed a check engine light this morning, reading through the forums, is probably the fuel door sensor, since my little one was messing with it last night after I dropped him off from the creche, but its a good time as any to get one.

BR//D

@jeebowhite: Any particular reason for each one of them? Somebody recommended, or you did some research on the topic?

@jeebowhite: Any particular reason for each one of them? Somebody recommended, or you did some research on the topic?

My Own research and the different types.

i.e. the first is an advanced reader, shows not only error codes, but also shows monitoring of some of the sensors, i.e. live feeds.

the second ( the one with the CD's) was so I could hook it up to my laptop and read some live data that way, more usability than the handheld, but a bit more hefty including laptop, you can still read codes / sensor data and reset stuff...

the final one was the basic one, just a case of plug in read and clear...

My Own research and the different types.

i.e. the first is an advanced reader, shows not only error codes, but also shows monitoring of some of the sensors, i.e. live feeds.

the second ( the one with the CD's) was so I could hook it up to my laptop and read some live data that way, more usability than the handheld, but a bit more hefty including laptop, you can still read codes / sensor data and reset stuff...

the final one was the basic one, just a case of plug in read and clear...

Thank you for the information. I have been digging through the net, and came across this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autel-MS509-Diagnostic-fault-reader/dp/B004WN88UU/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_1

Compared to the Foxwell one, it seams to be cheaper, and seems to have more bang for the buck? What would your opinion be on this?

I have to agree that does seem to be the best of the top two I was looking for, I wonder what the software is though? looks good none the less!

I have to agree that does seem to be the best of the top two I was looking for, I wonder what the software is though? looks good none the less!

some more digging:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkI6YSj3PIU&feature=related

http://www.auteltech.com/ms509.htm

Based on the About Us page, they are based in China, however, a lot of people seem to be using their stuff, for several years?

I dont know if you attached a picture / video but work is blocking it...

looking at the link though, it may be worth it. The fact is you would at least have Distance Selling Regulations and Sale Of Goods, so if its cr@p then you can get your money back with no loss.

I cant see many reviews / comments on it, so cant really say how good it is, but if you have the time / money spare to try it then I say go for it... I think it may well be my new favourite!

I dont know if you attached a picture / video but work is blocking it...

looking at the link though, it may be worth it. The fact is you would at least have Distance Selling Regulations and Sale Of Goods, so if its cr@p then you can get your money back with no loss.

I cant see many reviews / comments on it, so cant really say how good it is, but if you have the time / money spare to try it then I say go for it... I think it may well be my new favourite!

Yeah I posted some YouTube videos.

Here is a review page I found:

http://www.code-reader-reviews.com/autel-code-reader-reviews

Will watch the youtubes later, but the review seems positive, as long as it resets the MIL and clears codes, I would say its a bargain! I didnt quite catch the warranty offered though...

Will watch the youtubes later, but the review seems positive, as long as it resets the MIL and clears codes, I would say its a bargain! I didnt quite catch the warranty offered though...

Warranty, from the horse's mouth: http://www.auteltech.com/war.htm

I don't know, unless I buy it in the shop, where I can walk in and create a general mayhem and mess, I do not have much hope in these warranties.

Sale of goods act entitles any product sold in the UK to allow up to 6 months in which you can return the item as "inherently faulty" that means the manufacturer has to prove otherwise. With other electrical items, you have a 6 year period in which you can get the item examined and prove a fault is inherent. this costs, but you can at least go back to amazon and state it has been tested, the fault is inherent, thus you get a refund / replacement :) good old SoGgy act :)

ive done a bit of research and found you can buy the dealership tool albeit a clone for £300. im defo saving and buying one....can do alsorts of tricks that you normally need the dealership for.

I picked up a OBD-II scanner for about £10 off eBay. It displays live data, I can send screenshots if anyone wants any of the type of stuff it shows.

I suppose it really depends what your getting for your money really! I wouldnt mind spending more for the amazon one, but hey, if a tenner does it and does it well!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club