#1 slumrat

slumrat

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: slum
  • Ford Model: fiesta
  • Year: 2001

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

hi everyone just need some advice.just got a fiesta zetec 1.6 2001.took it to a garage the other day and the man said it was a broken camshaft.car still drove home.does anyone know what kind of problems i will be facing if i try to fix my self.ihave never heard off a broken camshaft.hope to get some replys, thanks neil

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,793 posts
  • Name: Stefan
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:35 PM

hi everyone just need some advice.just got a fiesta zetec 1.6 2001.took it to a garage the other day and the man said it was a broken camshaft.car still drove home.does anyone know what kind of problems i will be facing if i try to fix my self.ihave never heard off a broken camshaft.hope to get some replys, thanks neil

Hello fellow fifer :)

I would have thought a broken cam shaft would have killed the engine.. is the engine noisey from the top end? it may have caused damage to other parts too

the top half of the engine will need to be stripped down, cam cover removed, alternator belt, timing belt and covers removed.

I would hazard a guess that your engine will require a locking kit to do the timing belt, have you got a haynes manual? I would recommend having a look in there first.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users