Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smoking engine Advice plz

ron

My car wouldn't start so thinking it was a battery problem I charged the battery indoors and placed it back in car next morning. The problem i think is with the starter which at 1st wouldn't turn but then with the ignition held on it wound itself up very very slowly ( sounding like something was resisting it) then smoke started coming from engine. I know that I may have held the ignition on for longer than it was healthy for the starter but the car was driven the night before and on this occasion the engine didn't even try to start. Looking under bonnet I could see a plume of smoke coming from what i think was the starter motor.

What I would like to know is since I have in the last six months replaced the battery and alternator due to other problems does this new problem now mean that the engine pretty much had it or is it just a case of bad luck and a new starter motor is needed.

Ford Fiesta Diesel DI Endura

Many thanks for any advice given

Roni

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like dodgy wiring to the starter but the smokes wierd take the starter apart and clean it up could be just !Removed! blocking it from turning

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club