Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk5 Alloys and Front Grille??

CS_90

Hi all,

I have a Fiesta Mk5 (Year 2000). The alloys I have on at the moment are 15" Standard Ford ones but I want to uprate them with some better ones. I have heard that 17" allys are too big and they rub, is this true?

Also, I have seen a few Fiestas around my area with the front grille de-badged and had the black plastic mesh replaced with some silver/stainless mesh or black metal mesh. I have taken the front grille off to have a look at how this is done but cannot see any "easy" way of replacing the plastic one with the metal mesh. Anyone have a good tutorial guide or just a guide on how to do it? I have seen that you can buy a whole new panel for the front, but I would rather just replace the meshing...

Cheers guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Do not think that 17"s good for the mk5 but 16" mk6 zetec-s alloys are nice and no problems with rubbing. You can get a zetec-s grill that looks nice on these I brought myne off a mate when I had my mk5. I modified my mk5 a lot and had zetec-s bumpers etc's but think its not worth doing too much as they are quite nice standard.

i had 17" on my old mrk 3 but i had to get some seriasly low pros for them and after that i still had to grind and re build the arches to stop em grinding after all the effort it didnt look that good 16" would have been better i went back to 15" when i sold it

• 2 weeks later...

i got mk 5 wid 16" and lowered 35mm not a prob plus i have mesh grill and i cheayed with this but looks great if u take off std grill and remove the coloured part off the black bit., behind the grill there are 4 bolts use thes to bolt on the mesh then attach the color part of std grill to mesh then spray bolts smae color as mesh looks awsome and unless u look v.v closly u cant tell what u have done

• 3 weeks later...

hi ive got a mk5 and ive got 16" oz star fives on with 195/40/r16 tyres on and ive never had a problem with rubbing

ive also done the grille

if you detach the grille , you will see on the back that there is some clips, if you push these clips in the three layers should just seperate, then cut the mesh to fit and then just place the mesh in the middle and clip the layers back together and put it back on the car

jobe done

hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I have a Fiesta Mk5 (Year 2000). The alloys I have on at the moment are 15" Standard Ford ones but I want to uprate them with some better ones. I have heard that 17" allys are too big and they rub, is this true?

Also, I have seen a few Fiestas around my area with the front grille de-badged and had the black plastic mesh replaced with some silver/stainless mesh or black metal mesh. I have taken the front grille off to have a look at how this is done but cannot see any "easy" way of replacing the plastic one with the metal mesh. Anyone have a good tutorial guide or just a guide on how to do it? I have seen that you can buy a whole new panel for the front, but I would rather just replace the meshing...

Cheers guys.

Hello mate, I've got a Mk 5 with plain steel rims. If you find yourself some nice alloys, fancy selling your old ones? xD