Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crashed

madmanwayne

post-2096-1229637612_thumb.jpgI am so gutted, the wife crashed our GTi Estate i will put a pic up soon! the insurance collected the car and i am worried they will say its a writeoff!! the damage is n/s/f wing,n/s lights,scrapped down front door,door mirror wiped out, bonnet, bumper, radiator and fog lights, Air-bag never deployed!!! would they deem this as not cost effective and will i lose my lovley car i would say its a light frontal and it still drove several miles back to a safe place with no noticeable problems please help and give me the answer i need too hear, by the way the black bumper was a new one cos a few months back she twatted a kerb(not good @ parking) or driving come to that!!(lol)and she is ok incase you were wondering.

Sorry to hear that and glad she is ok.

I would say the insurance will write it off. It wont be cost effective to repair from their point of veiw. If you get the oportunity, buy it back and repair it yourself.

Mate crashed mine the other day and i had to have a new front bumper. £50 delivered from eBay.

we are full comp on insurance and we are claiming on our own insurance would this make things more difficult to buy it back if they write it off

As far as i am awae you have the right to buy it back no matter what. When my van was written off i paid £750 for it a week before. They offered my £700 and if i wanted to keep it i could buy it back for £100. So they would just give me £600 for it.

Keep us informed

Thanks for your replies! do you know how they would value a car such as the GTi Estate being 1 of 500 as i paid £8/9000 5 years ago and it was obviously valued at that with the same insurer 5 years ago so i have NO idea

I wouldn't have a clue. Mine lost £50 in a week!!!!! But then mine wasn't a limited run.

Phoned insurance today to find out about the car and they said the garage where it was taken too their computers went down lol what a joke they also said they would phone me back and i am still waiting and its now 2250hrs how hard is it to say yes we will repair it or no we wont happy !Removed! christmas

First things first HAPPY XMAS to you all!! Well they rang Christmas eve and said those horrible words "its an uneconomical repair" can i argue with them over this or do i have to take it as they say? as i have never had to do this before i have no idea can n e 1 help me on this please thanks guys (""DONT DRINK AND DRIVE"")

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I dont think the insurance will alow you to buy the car back without looseing a lot of money, garages usualy buy the car whilst they are talking to the insurance assessor, something very strange goes on, you would see the same car back on the road withing a fortnight, I recently smashed the front end of my focus, new front end, air bags and hood with 1 new wing, total cost was approx £450.0 which included all the little bits and pieces. I am no expert on vehicles, the knowledge was gained by looking and asking on this and other sites, then going to small garages to complete the likes of painting ect, now it's back on the road and looks fine, bite the bullet and have a go at rebuilding it your self, you can mention to the insurance that you are taking it for another opinion.

best of luck. lets know how you get on.

Ken

Thanks for your replies! do you know how they would value a car such as the GTi Estate being 1 of 500 as i paid £8/9000 5 years ago and it was obviously valued at that with the same insurer 5 years ago so i have NO idea

depending on your valuation ( how much you said the car is worth) thats the amount they should pay out, this it to replace your car for a new car of that price. look up "Glass" Auto book or simular, for the cost of your car at todays prices, don't let them fob you off, which is what they will try to do.

Hi all Well i got home and there was a cheque for £475 from my insurance company the funny thing is tho i NEVER agreed this and they sent the money anyway!!! Can they do this? im confused please help me asap as i want to contact them

hi mate what happened with the car in the end? you still got it? :huh:

No but before they sent the money the assessor said i could buy it back so if anyone is interested in it please ask me