Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pipercross Or J1 Induction Kit

Zetecd

I have recently been looking into upgrading the performance of my 2010 zetec s. I am un shure on witch induction kit to buy, the j1 or the pipercross one from pumaspeed. The j1 is £212 and the pipercross is £119. Now j1 says 5 bhp but on pumaspeed they say 6bhp but they say the standard zs is 135 bhp so I am unsure on how reliable that is.

I have recently been looking into upgrading the performance of my 2010 zetec s. I am un shure on witch induction kit to buy, the j1 or the pipercross one from pumaspeed. The j1 is £212 and the pipercross is £119. Now j1 says 5 bhp but on pumaspeed they say 6bhp but they say the standard zs is 135 bhp so I am unsure on how reliable that is.

Out of the two, I'd suggest the J1, it's just built to perform better. It doesn't have a restrictive box around it, pulls more air in, looks better and looks like it's made of better quality materials. However, being more expensive, you get what you pay for in this case.

TThat "restrictive box" around induction kits is to stop "heat soak". An open cone filter is susceptible to intaking engine heat into the air intake meaning you won't gain ANY power at all.... you will lose power.

The only real positive difference you're gonna feel is on a cold morning when its taking in cold air like its meant to. Or when you hear the difference it makes to your engine sound.

That is very you do get what you pay for I am asking this question but I no myself what I want lol.

Thanks for the help guys. In regards to the heat soak the j1 is protected buy a heat sheald to stop that.

TThat "restrictive box" around induction kits is to stop "heat soak". An open cone filter is susceptible to intaking engine heat into the air intake meaning you won't gain ANY power at all.... you will lose power.

The only real positive difference you're gonna feel is on a cold morning when its taking in cold air like its meant to. Or when you hear the difference it makes to your engine sound.

Yes, I see your point however I was just referring to the Pipercross and J1, the J1 has a heat shield which eliminates the problem of warm air from engine bay, while providing extra breathing space for it to do it's work.

I put a pipercross filter in place of the paper one, and to be honest you cant feel any difference. I wasn't expecting it, but the fuel economy has gone up by 2 mpg.

I put a pipercross filter in place of the paper one, and to be honest you cant feel any difference. I wasn't expecting it, but the fuel economy has gone up by 2 mpg.

I added a piper cross to my 1.4 titanium and there is a very subtle difference most noticeable above 50mph just seems more relaxed when accelerating. I also get a very consistent 2-3mpgwhich is not to be sniffed at.

That's not nice, considering that you don't feel any difference...

Go for the Pipercross kit. Had one on my Zetec S for over a year now. It doesn't have much of a restrictive box around it as MRC89 would suggest, as one side is completely open. Sounds great too. In fact I did a comparison, have a listen

Thanks for the help toothy, do you no what your performance gains were?

I haven't had it on a dyno or anything to measure the performance. But I think there is a noticeable difference, but mostly at higher revs. The throttle seems a tad more responsive, and it feels like the engine revs easier at higher RPMs.

When driving the roar of the induction doesn't really kick in till towards 3000rpm by the way, which I quite like. It's also not a problem on motorways and at higher speed. You get a bit of a roar when you put you foot down to overtake something, but there's not a constant drone. Hope that helps :)

Yea it dose thanks for the help!

Toothy that sounds sweet!!

pretty big diffence between them deffo worth it if it's just for sounds alone.

Go for the Pipercross kit. Had one on my Zetec S for over a year now. It doesn't have much of a restrictive box around it as MRC89 would suggest, as one side is completely open. Sounds great too. In fact I did a comparison, have a listen

Nice sound...

• 1 month later...

did anyone install a pipercross kit in an Fiesta diesel (TDCI) ?

I saw your video about a month ago, if i was to get a petrol i'd be buying the Pipercross just due to the sheer roar that your's makes.

• 3 months later...

a shortly information.

the Pipercross Induction Kit fits in the 1.6L 95PS TDCI

Just fitted J1 today - not nearly as good gains as promised in the description (though the ECU may need some time to adjust, I dyno'd it just before and after putting J1), but the sound is really amazing

Fiesta%20J1.jpg

Check out the audio:

• 5 months later...

Hi

Did fitting either of these add anything to your insurance premium?

Adrian.

Depends on your insurance mate. Just give them a call and ask if your premium would change IF you changed the airfilter to a non-standard one. Think mine went up about £10 with Admiral

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club