Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Chair In A Fiesta Mk7 Boot ?

FIESTA_MAD

hi

i need to fit a standard size wheel chair into the boot of my fiesta not got the car yet but wanting to know if it will fit into the boot as if it wont i will have to get a focus insted of the fiesta .

thanks. :)

hi

i need to fit a standard size wheel chair into the boot of my fiesta not got the car yet but wanting to know if it will fit into the boot as if it wont i will have to get a focus insted of the fiesta .

thanks. :)

Hi, I work with wheelchairs day-to-day (British Red Cross [Medical Loan]) And as long as it folds at the seat, and preferably the handles fold down, and also the foot plates swing back, or fully remove, you'll be fine. They'll fit into a Ka, let alone a Fiesta.

In fact with the rear seats down, you can carry a few at a time!

HTH

Hi, I work with wheelchairs day-to-day (British Red Cross [Medical Loan]) And as long as it folds at the seat, and preferably the handles fold down, and also the foot plates swing back, or fully remove, you'll be fine. They'll fit into a Ka, let alone a Fiesta.

In fact with the rear seats down, you can carry a few at a time!

HTH

well the handles dont fold down but the foot plates remove and it goes flat so will it fit in no problems ?

need to know asap.

well the handles dont fold down but the foot plates remove and it goes flat so will it fit in no problems ?

need to know asap.

Yup, you should still get that in without having to fold down seats. They fit in mine so you should be okay :)

Is it just a standard wheelchair?

i can get a wheel chair in my clio boot, i just take the parcel shelf out and have the wheel chair in its normal position :)

i was thinking i could just stand it up and hold it with a cord or something with the parcel shelf folded away somewhere behind it .

cheers.

dont have to get a focus now :)

thought id add its the one with the massive wheels so you can pull it along yourself.

will it still fit ? will not be in the car that often so not too bad if i have to ditch the parcel shelf for a day and then refit it when i take the wheel chair out .

and also why get a focus when i dont need a big car like that .

Would it not be best to actually go to your dealer and try it out? I'm sure they won't mind if it means they are getting a sale from you.

Incidentally I can't even fit a small pushchair in the boot of my Ka! :/

thought id add its the one with the massive wheels so you can pull it along yourself.

will it still fit ? will not be in the car that often so not too bad if i have to ditch the parcel shelf for a day and then refit it when i take the wheel chair out .

and also why get a focus when i dont need a big car like that .

The self propelling chairs are usually a bit more bulky, but should still fit, I can't remember if I've actually put one in my fiesta. Most modern self-propel wheelchairs have quick release wheel axles. If it does, then that will make transporting it a lot easier. I'll double check on Tuesday if I can get a conventional SP into my boot, 99% sure you'll be fine though.

The self propelling chairs are usually a bit more bulky, but should still fit, I can't remember if I've actually put one in my fiesta. Most modern self-propel wheelchairs have quick release wheel axles. If it does, then that will make transporting it a lot easier. I'll double check on Tuesday if I can get a conventional SP into my boot, 99% sure you'll be fine though.

i will have a look at it when i get time but im sure its just the seat the folds flat so its the shape of the chair but just flat.

if i need to have it standing then that will be ok aswell not going to be in my boot all the time but im sure it will fit my fiesta if its flat and sitting on its back and its smaller that way .

if you could check that would be great thanks even a pic of it fitted in lol .

its got the 24" wheels btw

cheers.

Yup, I'll try it a few different ways and take pics for you.

Yup, I'll try it a few different ways and take pics for you.

thanks alot for this makes sure i can fit it before i get the car.

hope it does as it costs more to insure a focus .

thanks alot for this makes sure i can fit it before i get the car.

hope it does as it costs more to insure a focus .

I know for a fact it'll fit with folding push handles and folding/removable foot plates.

Quick-release wheels will make for more flexible storage options too, but not necessary.

If yours wasn't to fit and you'd prefer a Fiesta, it would be far cheaper to replace the wheelchair for one with the above features than it would be to buy a Focus for the wheelchair to fit.

I know for a fact it'll fit with folding push handles and folding/removable foot plates.

Quick-release wheels will make for more flexible storage options too, but not necessary.

If yours wasn't to fit and you'd prefer a Fiesta, it would be far cheaper to replace the wheelchair for one with the above features than it would be to buy a Focus for the wheelchair to fit.

i will try fitting into someone i knows car that has around the same sized boot to see if it fits should tho and dont really wanna go for a focus tbh.

Okay, I've just put one in my boot now.

Bad news unfortunately, without the folding push handles, it doesn't fit by about 2-3" wheelchair designs don't differ much, but you may want to try this yourself anyway. I'll attach a picture when I get back home. You might be able to fit it without the wheels, if they remove easily (quick release).

So you have a few options:

Fold down 2/3 rear seats to fit it in laid down.

Replace the wheelchair with one that has folding handles and/or quick release wheels.

Buy a bigger car than the fiesta.

IMG_20110726_125904.jpg

Here's the picture. You can see the difference the folding handles makes.

As above, designs do vary slightly, though measurements are usually kept very similar. You might find a way to get yours in.

IMG_20110726_125904.jpg

Here's the picture. You can see the difference the folding handles makes.

As above, designs do vary slightly, though measurements are usually kept very similar. You might find a way to get yours in.

did you try handles facing down like on its back ?

did you try handles facing down like on its back ?

No I didn't. I'll have a look tomorrow, but I don't think it'll tip backwards due to where the wheel arches cut into the boot.

That's all I could do for today, will post back results tomorrow.

Couldnt take a picture, because my phone died, however it won't fit that way either, again the push handles obstruct and won't clear the tail light.

All I can suggest is a new wheelchair, sorry.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club