• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Jason
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Tdci (52)
  • Year: 2002

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

Hi all,
Right so I have focus Tdci and it keeps cutting out.
I will be happily driving along when the engine will stop and the glow plug light flashes at me.
If I try and start it back up straight away then it tries to start but just cant quite manage it, but if I leave it 5 mins then it starts like there was never a problem.
I have checked for error codes and get a 9359 and a 9318 (although this one is new and might just be from were a used up battery power the last time it cutout)
Any ideas you might have would be appreciated

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 20,660 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:18 PM

Hi all,
Right so I have focus Tdci and it keeps cutting out.
I will be happily driving along when the engine will stop and the glow plug light flashes at me.
If I try and start it back up straight away then it tries to start but just cant quite manage it, but if I leave it 5 mins then it starts like there was never a problem.
I have checked for error codes and get a 9359 and a 9318 (although this one is new and might just be from were a used up battery power the last time it cutout)
Any ideas you might have would be appreciated

Check fuel filter, make sure theres no corrosion and that its installed correctly.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users