Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch

suddste

Hi,

I'm confused, a while ago back in like late March, I had a clutch slip. E.g - Flooring it in 4th gear at 30mph the revs would increase and wouldnt accelerate. Later I came home and tried to recreate the symptoms, didnt work, held well. A few days later I even went up quite a steep hill in 4th gear at 40 mph and it was accelerating still with no slip at all.

Never had the same symptoms again. I've tried everything to get it to do it but it doesnt

So i'm confused, I thought clutchs were supposed to get worse when they start to slip. It's still bugging me though, and I cant seem to get to them bottom of it

Any ideas?

Hi,

I'm confused, a while ago back in like late March, I had a clutch slip. E.g - Flooring it in 4th gear at 30mph the revs would increase and wouldnt accelerate. Later I came home and tried to recreate the symptoms, didnt work, held well. A few days later I even went up quite a steep hill in 4th gear at 40 mph and it was accelerating still with no slip at all.

Never had the same symptoms again. I've tried everything to get it to do it but it doesnt

So i'm confused, I thought clutchs were supposed to get worse when they start to slip. It's still bugging me though, and I cant seem to get to them bottom of it

Any ideas?

it has possibly been contaminated with something that has since burnt off?

it has possibly been contaminated with something that has since burnt off?

could/does this happen?

could/does this happen?

I would have thought that once the clutch has become contaminated (which can happen) that its knackered and needs replaced but i dare say it can burn off. not sure what would cause the contamination though.

I would have thought that once the clutch has become contaminated (which can happen) that its knackered and needs replaced but i dare say it can burn off. not sure what would cause the contamination though.

I see, thanks

Is there any good tests?

Nothing more than you have already done really. the old slip test, i.e. toes firmly on brake pedal heel on the gas, and let the car slowly slip into gear, if it bites near enough instant, it should be fine.

Nothing more than you have already done really. the old slip test, i.e. toes firmly on brake pedal heel on the gas, and let the car slowly slip into gear, if it bites near enough instant, it should be fine.

mine did exactly the same in the end the clutch needed replaced

mine did exactly the same in the end the clutch needed replaced

how long did u get it to go tho

how long did u get it to go tho

it went for a good 2000 miles before i had it changed ide wait till it gets worse

it went for a good 2000 miles before i had it changed ide wait till it gets worse

I reckon i've passed 2000 miles since it happened, though. And I did the 4th gear clutch test and it passed, it stalled

I reckon i've passed 2000 miles since it happened, though. And I did the 4th gear clutch test and it passed, it stalled

Silly idea: maybe you just missed the gear and released the clutch, and nothing happened. Tends to happen to me quite a bit. But then again, I am a newbie driver :)

Silly idea: maybe you just missed the gear and released the clutch, and nothing happened. Tends to happen to me quite a bit. But then again, I am a newbie driver :)

haha I did think about this but I dont think so because I usually never miss a gear change lol

haha I did think about this but I dont think so because I usually never miss a gear change lol

keywords: usually, never

:)

I am saying simply because if it never happened before or after it, maybe its something as stupid as that?

keywords: usually, never

:)

I am saying simply because if it never happened before or after it, maybe its something as stupid as that?

yeah it could be lol, but it would have happened again if it was that!