Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another Petrol In Diesel Thread!

BigJ

Hi All,

So..... it finally happened, the other half being in a rush (honest, it wasn't me)filled up our diesel fiesta with unleaded. She rarely drives it and had the kids in the car etc so went into autopilot on filling, which usually means unleaded. The car was running on air and got filled up full as well. Drove home about 10 miles then mentioned to me the car was behaving a bit strange. As soon as I turned the car on and heard the misfiring then noticed a full tank I guessed what had happened.

I've had a good look about both here and on the net and as the car isn't really worth a great deal (150k on the clock), I've decided that probably the best option would be to drop the fuel and refill with diesel and try and run it through. I know there are risks to this but am prepared to give it a go.

Question is "How do I drop the fuel?" Is there an anti syphon system on the tank or a drain plug underneath?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

J

Hi All,

So..... it finally happened, the other half being in a rush (honest, it wasn't me)filled up our diesel fiesta with unleaded. She rarely drives it and had the kids in the car etc so went into autopilot on filling, which usually means unleaded. The car was running on air and got filled up full as well. Drove home about 10 miles then mentioned to me the car was behaving a bit strange. As soon as I turned the car on and heard the misfiring then noticed a full tank I guessed what had happened.

I've had a good look about both here and on the net and as the car isn't really worth a great deal (150k on the clock), I've decided that probably the best option would be to drop the fuel and refill with diesel and try and run it through. I know there are risks to this but am prepared to give it a go.

Question is "How do I drop the fuel?" Is there an anti syphon system on the tank or a drain plug underneath?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

J

Dunno mate,really, but there might be a drain plug at the lowest point or you might have to disconnect the fuel line,if you dont think you get it all out just keep topping up with diesel to 'dilute' the petrol,diesel lubricates aswell so the fuel pump might need a bit persuasion like a wallop on the tank with a large hammer at the same time as trying to start up,RAC trick that.Happened to me with about 20£ worth petrol,car wouldnt start cos the lift pump was dry,got it started as above just kept filling up,petrol floats on the diesel,left the filler off for a while to see if some petrol would evaporate -got that off the web- suppose the mechanics and elitists might scoff at this but never had any bother since tho and that was about 13k miles ago.